FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
149 views 4 comments
by anonymous

Hello,

i have many customers with fire alarm panels. The panels use an a webserver for communication. To reach the the webservers we use the remote access. I add an new connection with a duration until the end of the year but 1-2 days later i get following message:
Connection is not active anymore. To continue using access link you need to restore the connection by clicking on the reconnect button.
if i click on "reconnect link" the link is immedialety restored but after 1-2days i got the same problem again.

thanks for helping

1 Answer

+1 vote
by anonymous
Hello,

This is a known issue, but it's related to the way connection with the device is being managed.

Automatic reconnection will be added in the future, however, at the moment we do not have an exact date.

We apologize for any inconvenience caused.

Best regards,
DaumantasG
by anonymous
Hello,

thank you for the information. This function is very important for our customers -Is there a way to built a workaround to fix this issue temporary?

greeetings Tobias
by anonymous

Hello,

The only workaround I could think of is using a VPN Hub. Simply create a new VPN Hub, and add the devices. Once connected to the VPN, the devices will be reachable by using their virtual tunnel IP, or if the routes are pushed, the LAN clients will also be reachable. More information can be found here.

You could also use RMS connect to connect to the router directly.

Please keep in mind, that these features use RMS Data instead of credits.

Best regards,
DaumantasG

by anonymous
We have the same issue, is there a resolution or timeframe for it yet?
by anonymous
Hello,

From the changelogs, it seems like the links can be generated for up to 5 years now, so the issue is most likely with the device going offline/losing connection to the internet. Could you check the device uptime to make sure the links are actually becoming not active from the RMS side, rather than poor/no connection from the device side?

Best regards,
DaumantasG