FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
1,051 views 1 comments
by
Hi all,

I'm trying to get port forwarding to work on my RUT950 but unfortunately it doesn't work.

In a few different posts on this forum I have been reading that my RUT950 should have a public IP-address which should match the IP-address seen on whatismyip.com. However when I check this, the two IP-addresses are very different.

So I would like to know how I can change this so I have a public IPaddress on my RUT950 and the portforwarding will hopefully work.

I'm trying to make an external device, which is connected through 4G, to send statusupdates to a webserver that is connected to my RUT950, The RUT950 is connected by 4G to the internet.

When I try to ping using ping.eu, it says the port is closed.

Any suggestions?

1 Answer

0 votes
by
Hi,
I had the same problem. You have to contact your broadband provider and request to get public IP for your 4G SIM card instead of an IP Address in the private.range,

Some operators charge an extra fee for this, but it's not impossible to get it for free if you threaten to change operator :)
Best answer
by
Thanks for your help.

I contacted my provider but unfortunately this is not possible through them.

So I will have to switch provider.