FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
721 views 6 comments
by anonymous
Hi,

I'm using RUT955 for Modbus integration.

Is there any option to store Modbus Data in Local Memory when Internet connection is lost?
Do I need external SD Card or It'll use RUT955 local memory?

If this feature supports so please guide me how can I enable/use this feature to test.

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello,

At least at the moment, there is no possibility to change the location of where the Modbus DB will be stored. However, you could write a script to periodically copy the existing database file to the SD card. The database file is located in the /tmp directory, and the full path should be /tmp/modbus_db.

Please remember that writing to/from an SD card very often can drastically decrease its lifetime.

Let me know if any more information is needed!

Best regards,
DaumantasG

by anonymous

I just want to know that can I store Modbus data in local memory without SD Card and what is storage capacity?

Please guide me how can I enable/use this feature to test.

by anonymous

Hello,

As long as you use the Data to Server feature, the database will be active. No need to configure anything additionally. I would also recommend enabling the Retry on fail option in the Data to Server instance.

You can test it by removing the SIM or the Ethernet cable. Keep it unplugged for an hour or so, and plug it back it. All of the collected data will be sent as soon as the internet connection is restored. The database's maximum size is around 22.5MB, so quite a bit of data. The data will be stored in RAM, so no external storage is needed.

Best regards,
DaumantasG

by anonymous

Dear DaumantasG,

Thank you for your support.

I just have 1 last question that is What is the total number of payloads of Modbus can store?

What is maximum power consumption of RUT955/RUT956 when I  use 1 sim card and 1 sensor with RS-485 over Modbus and Send data with MQTT?

by anonymous

Hello,

It all depends on the size of one payload. That's why I mentioned the size. But if I had to guess, I'd say that's around 50 000 requests.

Regarding power consumption, data for RUT955 can be found here, and for RUT956 here.

Best regards,
DaumantasG

by anonymous

Thank you DaumantasG for your support.

by anonymous
Glad I could help!

Contact us if any additional information is needed!

Best regards,
DaumantasG