FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
126 views 1 comments
by anonymous
FW: RUT9_R_00.07.04.2

Hello, This is what I am trying to accomplish:

RS485 MODBUS slave device -> RUT955 TCP master

TCP MODBUS slave device -> RUT955 TCP master

NMEA over RS422/USB ->RUT955 MODBUS as slave device (for extra address '/tmp/regfile') -> RUT955 TCP master

RUT955 Modbus Data to Server -> External Mosquitto Broker (stream continuous data - main purpose)

RUT955 MQTT Publisher (client?) -> External Mosquitto Broker (set holding registers, occasional config change, etc.)

External Mosquitto Broker -> User(s) Computer(s)

I've gotten each individual piece working, but can't seem to get it all going at the same time.

Currently, the RS485 MODBUS slave is using the "MODBUS TCP over Serial Gateway". "Test" in MB TCP master works fine, I can send/receive all needed registers through MQTT MB gateway. BUT, I get no data from it in "data to server".

The RUT955 MODBUS Slave was working very reliably prior to using the TCP MODBUS over Serial Gateway. Now, every time I write to it via "$ date > /tmp/regfile" from the CLI, the extended address stops working and I get ILLEGAL ADRESS or SERVER NOT FOUND errors. Those aren't the exact errors but those were the messages (approximately).

The extended data from RUT955 Slave stops appearing in "data to server", and "Test" stops working on the RS485 TCP MODBUS slave also - I get the same "server error".

I really need "data to server" to show "all data", as requested, and I really need the extended address to work reliably to get a few key NMEA (and other free-form serial data) into the MODBUS world. The fact that MB server is crashing when I write to '/tmp/regfile' from the CLI is disheartening.

I have no more ideas except go back to the RUT240/Raspi/etc.that I started with, or just go with some other edge computer. But the RUT955 seems to be very close to doing what I need it to.

Any advice?
by anonymous
Fixed.

Install fresh firmware image, don't save configs (save to file to upload next time).

Install MQTT package.

Enable MQTT Publisher.

Set up all MODBUS needs.

Enable data to sender/protocol only after MQTT installed and publisher running. Order may have made a difference, not sure.

MODBUS slave Extended address issues:  configure number of registers only for exactly the bytes you need, read and write only that number of bytes. Sometimes crashes and unpredictable behavior otherwise.

All works fine.

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous
Hello,

Thank you for letting us know!

I am glad to hear that your issue has been resolved and thank you for sharing your solution with us.

Let us know if you encounter any other issues.

Have a great day!

Kind Regards,

Andzej