FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
320 views 4 comments
by anonymous
  • The RUT240 firmware is currently RUT2XX_R_00.01.13
  • I understand I must first upgrade to the latest Legacy firmware (RUT2XX_R_00.01.14.3 and up) and then upgrade to latest RUTOS firmware. For example:
  • It is not possible to upgrade from RUT2XX_R_00.01.14 to RUT2_R_00.07.01 and vice-versa;
  • It is possible to upgrade from RUT2XX_R_00.01.14 to RUT2XX_R_00.01.14.4 first, then to RUT2_R_00.07.01 and vice-versa.
  • I have downloaded and  tried to upgrade to 14.6 (latest legacy firmware) but get the error message "The firmware file you are trying to upload does not match the file after the upload"  (which is a completely unintelligible message)  
  • I've attached a screenshot of the error message.  
  • Please advise how I can update the firmware.
  • Thanks, Richard

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello,

In this case, I would suggest updating via bootloader. Update to the 1.14.6 firmware first via 192.168.1.1/index.html. Then, you can update to the latest firmware via WebUI.

Also, from the screenshot attached, it seems that you are trying to update to 1.14.3. Please, when updating, ensure that you are using the correct file available here.

You can also try to update the firmware from the WebUI or the command line of the device itself. However, if this does not work, please, update via bootloader.

Let me know about the results.

Kind Regards,

Andzej

Best answer
by anonymous
Thanks very much Andzej, I'll let you know how it goes.  The 14.3 upload was an attempt with an earlier version, the 14.6 having failed.

Richard
by anonymous
Hello,

Sure. Let me know if it works.

Kind Regards,

Andzej
by anonymous
Andzej, The RUT240 in question isn't responding to anything.  Bootloader launch also fails, just the power light stays on.  Nothing else.  

Another RUT240 that I've updated has worked fine, exactly as expected and that's great.  My conclusion is that there's a fault with the unit I was having trouble with.

I will try to arrange to return this one for repair.

Thanks for your help.  Richard
by anonymous

Hello,

If you are unable to reach the device via the bootloader and only the power LED stays on, it is likely that there is a hardware issue with the device. If your device is still under warranty, I strongly recommend that you contact your sales manager or reseller from whom you purchased the device to initiate the RMA procedure.

Kind Regards,

Andzej