FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
3,087 views 3 comments
by

Hello.  I recently purchased a reconditioned RUT950.  I'm using a contract SIM on vodafone in the UK.  I've upgraded to the most recent FW and have also tried going back to 2017 FW as suggested by the person who posted on 1st June on a different thread - but still the same issue.  The mobile status is permanently disconnected and it seems not to be able to get an IP address (but there doesn't seem to be anywhere I can input an IP address to circumvent this either - have also tried logging in to the CLI and adding the script suggested in other threads but this doesn't work either).  

I already have a RUT950 in another building which is working well.  Have checked the configurations side by side and the only difference I can see is that under Network - Connection Type - Mobile the system that is operational gives the option of either PPP or QMI, with QMI selected and the system that is non-operational gives the option of either PPP or NCM, with NCM selected.  Selecting PPP doesn't help.  I've also tried reverting the new device to the same FW version as on the existing one - doesn't work either.

I've tried both SIM cards in both devices - both work in the existing RUT950; neither work in the new one.

Can anyone help, please?  I'm not a technical person so appreciate I may have used wrong terminology above in places.

by
Clare,

I got the exact same issue with the RUT955 in combination Vodafone NL.

Updated all firmware versions... no solution.

Grtz

Edit 12-6-2019... boot up the 955 this morning and all works fine now... dit not change a thing... it just picked up my data carrier. Works well now.

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous
Hello,

Could you provide a troubleshoot file from the router that does not establish mobile connection ? You can send it to me via PM. To download a troubleshoot file go to System --> Administration --> Troubleshoot.

Devices with QMI/PPP and NCM/PPP mode got different LTE modules and different product codes.
by anonymous

For a RUT950 with LTE modem (module) of QMI type I found new firmware here that fixed the problem here https://www.rut950.com/rut950-rut955-compatibility-with-ee/

Teltonika also said the very latest recent firmware RUT9XX_R_00.06.03.2_WEBUI.bin should also work but I have not yet tried this as the RUT950 has now gone into active service use.

More details, hoping they might help are in the question/answers at https://community.teltonika-networks.com/5809/rut950-mobile-data-status-disconnected

by anonymous
FW version RUT9XX_R_00.06.03.2_WEBUI.bin has required fixes as well and it is a standard FW version used in the factory right now.

If you will have any issues with the latest FW version and mobile data connection please let me know.