FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
660 views 0 comments
by anonymous
Hi,

knowing features offered by Teltonika RMS VPN, and in particular the NAT Traversal or, in a simpler way, the possibility of establishing a VPN between a client PC and a Teltonika router/gateway or two Teltonika devices, I would like to know if there is an alternative solution to RMS VPN, in particular a self hosted solution.

The idea is to create a private structure (self hosted registry) where my devices (clients) will connect in order to have similar functions to RMS VPN. I was looking at NetBird + Wireguard but I was not able to find anything about installation of netbird on teltonika devices.

Does anyone has any experience in this field?

Thank you.

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello,

Netbird is currently not available on Teltonika devices.

An alternative to VPN Hub could be ZeroTier, a configuration example for which is available on our Wiki here. While it is not a self-hosted solution, it does allow you to connect up to 25 nodes with a free tier. The main advantage of ZeroTier is that, unlike most other VPN services, it does not require a public IP address on either end of the communication. It supports pushing routes to the clients, so a very minimal setup is needed, and the LAN networks of the devices can be reached.

If you are using a private network, then any of the VPN services offered on RutOS should be suitable for your solution.

It should be mentioned, that we do offer On-premise RMS installations, however, it is a paid service and is oriented towards businesses. If this is something that interests you, please fill out the "Choose your own" form here.

Let me know if any additional information is needed!

Best regards,
DaumantasG