FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
284 views 0 comments
by anonymous
Hello

I have Teltonika RUT950. I used latest RUT9_R_00.07.04.2 firmware.

I delete zones from Network - Firewall - General setting - Zones. I left lan, wan ja vpn. Then I try to get all zones back by doing factory reset. Some reason I can now only see lan and wan zones. How can I get all zones to Teltonika if factory reset didn't work? I also try to downgrade firmware, but still only lan and wan zones available.

--

Esa

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello,

What I assume has happened, is that you have kept updating firmware with Keep settings option enabled from some legacy WebUI version. Legacy versions had a number of preconfigured zones, which would transfer to the next firmware, if update was performed with keeping the configuration.

The new firmware versions (7.0x and above) have only two default zones: LAN and WAN, as these are mandatory for the device to forward internet traffic and apply firewalling. 

Additional zones are either created automatically, after configuring some VPN or hotspot, or can be added manually, depending on your network segmentation requirements.

You can find more details about inter-zone traffic forwarding from this configuration example.

Best regards,

Best answer