FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
133 views 1 comments
by anonymous
Hello,

i have a panorma antennas 4x4 MiMo 4G/5G/3x3 MiMo WiFi/GPS/GNSS for my rutx11 router.

Is it correct to plug in the cable CELL A and CELL B to the rutx11 (Mobile main = Cell A // Mobile AUX = Cell B) ? The other Cell C and D are at the moment useless...

WLAN the same: WLAN A and WLAN B goes to the rutx11 in both wlan ports...

This must work - what do you mean?

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello,

As a reference, I have used this Panorama antenna manual. Your direction of thinking is correct and connecting CELL A and CELL B to RUTX11 should work without issue. It does not specify, whether A and B elements differ, thus I would assume that they operate identically. You can, of course, test them, by connecting each cell to the Main connector only and comparing mobile signal metrics from the router's WebUI. In fact, under good coverage conditions, having only Main connector attached to the antenna should yield reliable connectivity with good speeds, as Aux connector is used for reception to compensate for possible multipath signal interference and losses. 

WiFi is similar, the difference being that any connector operates in the same way, thus any one can be used separately, or both at the same time for MIMO capabilities.

Best regards,

by anonymous
Many thanks for your feedback. I will try it today