FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
91 views 2 comments
by anonymous
Hello,

currently I am maintaining ~50 RUT240, soon it will be 100+.

For maintenance/troubleshooting I make heavy use of the RMS Portal and the remote admin page. Working on multiple router at once sometimes causes confusion because I see no information(except the serial number) on the admin interface on which router I'm currently working.

Is there any way to get the device name on the admin page from the RMS?

Best regards

Dennis

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello,

Device name, as configured in System -> Administration -> General, is displayed on the tab of the browser:

It can also be found in Status -> System page.

I will forward your request as a suggestion to RMS developers. Though, at the moment, the easiest solution would be to change the name within the router's settings, to match it to what is configured in RMS.

Best regards,

by anonymous
Hi,

thanks for your reply. Maintaining this information on different sources of data feels like an easy trap for more confusion in the future.

Is there a way to query the router name from RMS programmatically from within the router itself?

Writing a little bash script that gets the routers name from the RMS or so would be a nice automated way of doing this.

Best regards

Dennis
by anonymous
Unfortunately the name of the device in RMS platform is not stored anywhere on the device.

Apologies for the inconveniences.
Best regards,