FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
155 views 0 comments
by anonymous
Hello, I have a RUT955 router which must use legacy firmware.
I would like to know if it is possible to upgrade the HUAWEI ME909u-521 modem with a more modern one and if so which one do you recommend buying for replacement.
I read that the most recent ones contain a Qualcomm CE25.
Mine device is now out of warranty, I'm only interested in knowing if it's possible without changes to the FW released Thank you. hwinfo.hwinfo.mnf_code='RUT95517V180'
hwinfo.hwinfo.batch='0014'
hwinfo.hwinfo.hwver='0202'
system.system.device_fw_version='RUT9XX_R_00.06.09.2'
system.module.name='Huawei LTE ME909u'
system.module.vid='12D1'
system.module.pid='1573'

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous
Hello,

The device you have is one of the older ones. RUT955 is still being produced, however, the hardware design has undergone several updates since then, including PCB and modem change.

Current revisions are shipped with versions of Quectel's EC25 or MEIG's SLM750 modems.

Unfortunately, there is no simple solution other than replacement of your current device.

I would also like to inform you that RUT955 has entered its End-of-Life phase, with its production set to be stopped by the end of 2023. It has been superseded by an updated device of mostly identical features and capabilities - RUT956. This is the router I recommend you to get.

Best regards,