FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
653 views 9 comments
by anonymous
I hope you can assist me as I have explored all options.

thanks Derick

Sorry my mistake. Try again New file attached.Apologies wasting your time.

regards

Derick
by anonymous
Thanks for the reply. I did try and connect my laptop directly to the Starlink but did not manage to get any connection. The Starlink dish has the modem built in and in my configuration is powered with a POE. I am unable to log into the dish modem and get access to any configuration. It is perplexing and annoying however clearly something is  wrong. I have checked all of my cable connections but cannot detect any errors I have made. I appreciate your expert help with this. Regards

Derick
by anonymous

I have done more reading and have found that 192.168.100.x IP leases on a 5 second interval is normal, when Starlink is disconnected from the satellite network, thus my previous assumption is incorrect.

I have also noticed, that the counters on the routers WAN port indicate a high number of bad bytes, which indicates issues either with RUT or Starlink ethernet ports or the cable. If I understand correctly, RUTX11 should be connected to one of the PoE injector ports? Are you using an off the shelf UTP/STP cable to connect Teltonika and Starlink, or did you make the cable yourself? Have you tested the cable connecting different devices? 

For additional details, I would like you to download TCPdump from router's WebUI Services -> Package manager -> Packages page and enable TCP dump monitoring in System -> Administration -> Troubleshoot page, specifying eth1 (wan, wan6) interface. Connect RUTX11 to Starlink, do a couple of speed tests. Download capture file from the same Troubleshoot page and attach it by editing your question.

Best regards,

by anonymous
Thanks I have logged onto the Starlink app using the 240 volt router and there is no facility to edit DHCP setting on the router or dish. I have made up cables as due to the unique cable terminations on the dish the power cables need to be swapped. From the dish the terminations are orange/white, orange, blu/white, green, green/white, blue, brown/white, brown.this is the sequence thru the PoE with the cable end entering into the Teltonika router reverting back to normal Type B. I have checked the cables with a tester and they test as showing correct sequence. I have checked the voltage at the dish to ensure the positive and negative voltage and level is on the correct terminations and it all seems correct. Others have used this same arrangement without problem so I suspect there is a fault somewhere that I cannot locate. On a housekeeping issue I have no idea how to correctly answer your three and keep adding via comments I trust this is Ok. I will add a file showing the cable connections for your reference.

Regrds

Derick
by anonymous
Duplicate removed
by anonymous
Thanks once again for your diligent and very helpful assistance so very much appreciated. I have attached the downloaded files as requested. Also a screen shot of a ping to the starling dish from my MacBook connected to the Lan port of the RUTX11. I thought this may be helpful. I have tested my cables  with a basic lan cable tester and they pass the test however it may still be a problem. I have read that if the voltage dips at the Dish it disconnects and then reconnects. I have checked the voltage at the Dish and it is in fact higher than the voltage using the original Starlink Router. Original Starlink Router resulted in 1-45.8V, 2- 46.4V, 4-46.4V and 5- 45.7V. My POE gives 48.6V at the four connections. I trust the information on the downloaded files will be of use.

regards

Derick
by anonymous
Just tried to attach the file logs but they are too big 2.2MB. Any suggestions as to how I can send them to you.

regards

Derick
by anonymous
I wrote an email where to send the files to in a private message.

Best regards,

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello,

What you could try is to login to your router's WebUI: 

• Navigate to Network -> Firewall -> General settings and enable/disable Software flow offloading option, depending on its default setting; 
  • Navigate to Network -> Interfaces -> General. Edit WAN interface settings, switch to Advanced settings tab. In the Override MTU field try the following values:

If the above does not help, I would like you to attach a troubleshoot file to your question. Please, replicate the issue, then access router's WebUI, go to System -> Administration -> Troubleshoot section and download troubleshoot file from there. The logs in the file might provide more insight into the issue.

Best regards,

by anonymous
The attached file is a pdf wiki article. Please re-attach.
by anonymous

Thank you.

The provided file does not indicate anything out of the ordinary, in regards to device configuration. 

The logs though last only about 3 minutes, not much happens during that time. However, some weird action is visible between RUT and Starlink. At first, when RUTX11 asks for an IP address from Starlink, it is given from 192.168.100.1 DHCP server and the lease time is only 5 seconds, which is very unusual. Approximately every 14-18 seconds RUT asks for a renewal. This lasts for about a minute and a half, after which Starlink does not reply with a new address. Then RUTX11 sends a new DHCP discover request, this time the reply comes from a new server 100.64.0.1 and a new IP is leased for 300 seconds, which is still rather low and would require RUT to send renewal packets every 2 and a half minutes.

My guess is that the issue is on the Starlink side. Do you have any way to check its DHCP settings?

Have you tried connecting any computer/laptop to the Starlink, to check performance without the router in between?

Best regards,