FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
85 views 0 comments
by anonymous
Hello,

I am using RUT955 with one SIM card (including only SMS service, no data package included)

To control my air conditioner unit globally via SMS I need to do one of following:

1) Forward received SMS text directly to a specific IP/Port over LAN. In this scenario 13 byte data array will be included in the SMS message.

or

2) Store 13 byte data array in RUT955 memory and forward this data to a specific IP/Port over LAN after receiving SMS command.

Let me explain more in detail why I need this: My indoor air conditioner units in my mountain house use CAN-BUS protocol. I connected them to my IP to CAN transceiver wihch uses LAN IP adress 192.168.1.2 Port 2001. This IP to CAN transceiver is connected to one of LAN ports of my RUT955. When I connect to RUT955 via Wi-Fi, I can access my air conditioner system and control everything using my phone. Until here no problem. But my real goal is to control my air conditioner globally, My only connection to my RUT955 is SMS when I am out of the reach of Wi-Fi. So I need some solution with SMS.

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello,

In this case, it seems that you will need to write your own script. Unless, there is support for MQTT, Modbus or some other protocol supported on Teltonika devices.

You can take a look at the thread here. The thread shows how to read from Modbus slaves via SMS, but in your case, the SMS functionality can be similar. Configure an SMS rule to execute a script and accept arguments. Then, you will need to create a script that will take those arguments, process and format them the way you need, and then send them to your IP transceiver.

For example, similar to the aforementioned Modbus script, the following sends a string to the specified IP and port: 

• argfromsms=$1
  • echo "$argfromsms" | nc "192.168.1.2" "2001"

Alternatively, you can store those arguments in the file and utilize Modbus Custom Register Block to send this data via MQTT/HTTP using Data to server.

The script will depend on your needs and I can't really help you much. These are just some of the tips, so you will have to develop it yourself. 

Kind Regards,

Andzej