FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
566 views 9 comments
by anonymous
Hi,

I have an RUT240 which has VERY unstable Wifi. It works for maybe 30 seconds and then disappears. The same issue appears when I connect a computer by LAN-cable, the connection disappears after a short while, however a little longer than with the Wifi.

I have rebooted, made a factory reset but nothing works.

I want to use the router for my Arlo cameras on my boat so I really want to make sure it works so I can see the boat from home.
by anonymous
I also have a RUT240 that is very unstable. The power port is fragile. By mere touching it, the router reboots. I also have frequent disconnects  and now I have LED lights on both the ports to be OFF.
by anonymous
Hello,

In your case it would appear to be a hardware issue, most likely with an improper soldering of the 4-pin power socket.

I would suggest to return your device for a warranty repair or a replacement.

Apologies for the inconveniences and unsatisfactory experience with the device.

Best regards,

3 Answers

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello,

Could you try firmware update following bootloader recovery procedure, as described here?

If it does not help, I would like you to attach a troubleshoot file to your question. Please, replicate the issue, then access router's WebUI, go to System -> Administration -> Troubleshoot section and download troubleshoot file from there. The logs in the file might provide more insight into the issue.

Best regards,

by anonymous
Hi,

I already did that and the issue persists. I attached the troubleshooting file in the original post.
by anonymous
The attached file contains logs from the first three minutes since the device boots. It does not contain any issues within this time frame, two WiFi client devices properly receive IP addresses and do not experience any disconnections.

Could you describe the environment, the router is placed in? Are there any physical obstacles, metallic surfaces between client devices and the router?

Could it be that the environment is congested with other access points operating within the same frequency, channels?

Lastly, would it be possible to get a new file after some longer period of time?

Best regards
0 votes
by anonymous
Hi,

Ok, I will send a new one to you later today. The devices have been 30 cm away from the router and all have the same issue. Also no other access points nearby which is causing this as I have tested the router on several different places when I was out with the boat yesterday.
by anonymous
Thank you for the details. I will wait for an updated file.

It may be related to hardware issues, but the files may provide details, on what happens during disconnects and whether it can be solved by changing device configuration.

Best regards,
0 votes
by anonymous
I have updated with a new troubleshoot file now.
by anonymous

I see no issues from the device side.

ARP table of the router shows valid entries of the connected devices, IP addresses appear to be leased properly, no disconnections. Also, wireless clients connect at 17:05:57 and 17:11:47, meaning that the access point itself is visible and discoverable for other devices for more than 30 seconds.

The logs show Windows and MacBook clients. Do both of them experience this issue? Have you tried an Android smartphone?

Also, what does exactly happen? Do devices loose internet connection? Are they not able to ping RUT240? Do they lose DHCP settings? Does the router become unresponsive?

If you configure a static IP on your computer (instructions for windows) with RUT240 LAN IP address, are you able to access the router? 

Could you update router's firmware to the latest (download link) with Keep settings option disabled and see, if the behavior persists?

Another device reset option you could try is via bootloader menu, as instructed here. Though, as mentioned, the issue does not seem to be the router.

Best regards,

by anonymous
The issue is 100% in the router. Cell phone, computer and my camera looses connection at the same time. Would be a very strange coincidence if that happens the same split second on all devices, especially since the computer is an Windows and the phone is an Apple.

Some time around 18th or 19th of May the connection went down. It went up again this Sunday for some time, maybe 30 minutes or so, then it went down again. So it was down for several days until it went up again.

Also, I can see on the diods that is still has power when this happens so that isnt the issue. The issue is that it looses connection.
by anonymous
Also on a side note, the connection went down again yesterday evening which I can see as I lost connection to my camera and it hasnt gone up since then.

This is becoming very frustrating as I only want to use the router for my cameras on my boat, nothing else. I want to be able to see it all the time and not arrive there to realize I have had a break in.

The boat is berthed in the city center of Swedens second biggest city so it for sure isnt due to the router being located in an remote area.
by anonymous

So I assume that, since none of the devices are able to reach the router, you have simply rebooted it and generated troubleshoot files afterwards. Reboot would, of course, delete the logs.

What can be attempted is, as suggested, a firmware update and bootloader recovery. 

In addition, after update, I would like you to:

• Login to router's WebUI;
  • Navigate to System -> Administration -> Troubleshoot;
  • Under Logging settings section set Save log in option to Flash memory (this will preserve logs after device reboot, though be aware that logging in flash increases its wear, thus its for temporary use only).

After the device becomes inaccessible, restart it, access router's WebUI, go to System -> Administration -> Troubleshoot section and download troubleshoot file from there. This might reveal, the reason behind the issue. 

Alternatively, since this is not the way the device should operate, consider returning the router for a replacement or warranty repair.

Best regards,