FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
174 views 3 comments
by anonymous
Hi,
in the RUT240 I noted the OpenVPN client connection restarts eery mobile interface reconnection. The main WAN is the eth1, so the OpenNVPN connection is not bind to the mobile interface.
When we have situations where the mobile connection is not stable and it reconnects a lot of time, the OpenVPN client continuosly restarts making the remote connection unusable and stressing the OpenVPN server.
The logs are like these ones attached.
FW version: RUT2_R_00.07.03.3

How can we solve the situation?

Thanks,
M

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello,

Since you have two WAN interfaces, I assume, you have failover configured.

In this case, I would like you to login to router's interface, navigate to Network -> Failover, edit each failover interface settings and modify Flush connections on option the following way: 

See if that helps.

Best regards,

by anonymous
Hello,
yes, I have Faailover configured.
I will try your suggestion and let you know.

Thanks,
M
by anonymous

Hello,
I have tested the suggested configuration, but the situation is not stabilized; the issue is still present.
If I understood correctly, If I set Flush Connection on=Connectd, Disconnected it means that the established connections are flushed every time the event happens. So it should make the situation worse and to improve it.

BR,
M

by anonymous

With Flush connections set to connected and disconnected, on mobile disconnection openVPN should be rerouted through the other WAN interface.

In your failover configuration in Network -> Failover page, which interface has a lower metric value (lower metric means higher priority)?

Also, could you update your device to RUT2_R_00.07.04.2 with Keep settings option set to off, reconfigure it and check, if the issue still persists.

If it does, I would like you to attach a troubleshoot file to your question. Please, wait till mobile and OpenVPN disconnect a couple of times to have log entries in the file, then access router's WebUI, go to System -> Administration -> Troubleshoot section and download troubleshoot file from there. 

Best regards,