FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
321 views 6 comments
by anonymous
I use the TRD with a contract from Telekom - 5G unlimited volume. In a ZTE mobile router I reach 200+mbit down. at the same place I reach something in the KB area with the trd. How come? Firmware is 7.4.2?

I connected the original antennas to the TRD.

The ZTE only uses its internal antennas.

I also have an external 5G antenna - with 2 connectors. Where should be connected to the TRD? Which antenna connector does what? This is not documented at all.

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello,

Could you provide more details on how you perform the test?

Are you using the same servers for both routers?

Could you attach a troubleshoot file to your question to inspect your device deeper? Make sure the issue is present before generating the file, then access router's WebUI, go to System -> Administration -> Troubleshoot section and download troubleshoot file from there. The logs in the file might provide more insight into the issue.

Regarding the 5G antenna, try connecting it to the most left and most right connectors of the gateway, as these are primary transmission and reception channels for all bands, leave the middle two disconnected.

You can also view connection parameters from the router's WebUI Status -> Network -> Mobile page, to monitor mobile signal metrics, and how attaching antenna impacts the signal. 

Best regards,

by anonymous
troubleshoot file is uploaded

11mbits on fast.com

i did the "TTL-Thing" some minutes ago.
by anonymous

A rather weird case.

The device does seem to establish proper 5G-NSA connection, it has very good signal, but is connects to a single LTE band number 3.

Are you sure that the SIM card you have is not bound to a specific IMEI of the ZTE device?

If the above is not the case, could you try the suggestions below:

• Check LTE bands your ZTE router is connected to and apply the same settings by manually setting bands in TRB500 WebUI Network -> Mobile -> General page. Instructions on how to achieve this are provided in this video.
  • Navigate to Network -> Interfaces -> General. Edit MOB1S1A1 settings, switch to Advanced settings tab. In the Override MTU field try the following values:
  • Navigate to Network -> Mobile -> General. Set Network type option to 4G (LTE) only.
  • I did not find the rule to increase TTL in the firewall settings. Could you login to the SSH, and execute the rule below:
    • iptables -t mangle -A PREROUTING -i eth0 -j TTL --ttl-inc 1

See if that helps.

Best regards,

by anonymous
4g only - works fast (150mbit)

5g only no connection

4g+5g - slow

new troubleshoot file uploaded

telekom says: no binding on specific imei

see bands on zte? not possible - this device is not for business use ;)
by anonymous
new contract - telekom,too

external antennas (external connectors like you said)

5g no connection

4g+5g connection 5,2 mbit
by anonymous
Would it be possible to arrange a short remote to take a look at your device? Could you write me a private message about your availability?

Best regards,
by anonymous
i returned the device.