FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
191 views 6 comments
by anonymous
We are seeing /default.tar.gz (/overlay/upper/default.tar.gz) filling up disk space and somehow removing /etc/config/network. If we remove default.tar.gz disk space becomes available for some time then default.tar.gz returns and fills it right back up. We do not have any scheduler enabled so I'm not sure what's creating this file.

How can we safely remove this file for good and why is /etc/config/network disappearing?

RUT955W03XXX

RUT9_R_00.07.04.2

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello,

The issue has not been observed previously, at least, I could not find any record of it.

Could you wait until it replicates, then access router's WebUI, go to System -> Administration -> Troubleshoot section and download troubleshoot file from there? 

The logs in the file might provide more insight into the issue. Attach this file by editing your question.

Could you provide more details, if you have made any custom device configurations?

Did you perform previous firmware updates with Keep settings option enabled?

Could you try reflashing router's firmware, following procedure detailed here and check, if the issue persists?

Best regards,

by anonymous

Could you wait until it replicates, then access router's WebUI, go to System -> Administration -> Troubleshoot section and download troubleshoot file from there?

The logs in the file might provide more insight into the issue. Attach this file by editing your question.

sending to you now...

Did you perform previous firmware updates with Keep settings option enabled?

previous updates were done with Keep settings option enabled.

Could you try reflashing router's firmware, following procedure detailed here and check, if the issue persists?

we're avoiding any factory resets as much as possible at this time.

by anonymous
Thank you for the provided files.

Would it be possible to reset at least one device? There were similar issues with previous firmware versions, and I would like to rule out incorrect migration due to updates with keeping the settings.

Do you recall, what were previous firmware versions?

Also, how many devices are affected by this?

Best regards,
by anonymous
We have more than a few that we've had to factory reset, is there anything I can share with you from these Teltonikas?

Previously on RUT9_R_00.07.03.3 before upgrading to RUT9_R_00.07.04.2.

Around 20 or so Teltonikas affected by this disk space issue.
by anonymous

Did the reset resolve the issue?

Did this issue exist in RUT9_R_00.07.03.3?

It is recommended to update with keeping your current configuration no more that two iterations between current and target firmware versions. Otherwise, various issues might begin to occur. In case of major updates 7.3.x -> 7.4.x update with keeping the configuration is not recommended at all. This is simply the nature of OpenWRT based systems. More details are provided here.

Best regards,

by anonymous

Did the reset resolve the issue?

As the ones that were just reset, they are fine for now but as the disk usage grows I'm not sure if this will just happen again or not.

Did this issue exist in RUT9_R_00.07.03.3?

Possibly but we are just seeing this now.

by anonymous
Please report, if the issue persists, even after device reset.

Best regards,