FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
+1 vote
239 views 1 comments
by anonymous

We currently have RUT240 devices deployed in the field for a variety of clients.  After upgrading the RUT240 to RUT2_R_00.07.04 or above, RDP connections from devices behind the RUT240 to external Windows Remote Desktop Servers fail (various destination servers).  The last version which works seems to be RUT2_R_00.07.03.4.

I am able to reproduce on the bench (single workstation connected directly to RUT240).  When attempting to establish outbound RDP connections they either do not connect at all or in rare instances may initially connect and then the connection drops.  Subsequent reconnection attempts timeout at the "Securing Remote Connection" phase shown in the RDP client.

On the server side it shows "the windows logon process has unexpectedly terminated" along with a "fatal error was received from the remote endpoint.  The TLS Protocol defined fatal alert code is 70".

I've gone through testing the following firmware revisions (resetting to defaults each time):

• RUT2_R_00.07.03.3: Working
  • RUT2_R_00.07.03.4: Working
  • RUT2_R_00.07.04: Broken
  • RUT2_R_00.07.04.1: Broken
  • RUT2_R_00.07.04.2: Broken
  • RUT2_R_00.07.04.3: Broken

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello,

Please try the following. Login to router's WebUI: 

• Navigate to Network -> Interfaces -> General. Edit MOB1S1A1 settings, switch to Advanced settings tab. In the Override MTU field try the following values:
  • If the above does not help, navigate to Network -> Firewall -> General settings and enable/disable Software flow offloading option, depending on what is currently configured. 

See if that helps.

Otherwise, I assume, no other configuration changes were made after firmware update? 

If the issue still persists, I would like you to attach a troubleshoot file to your question. Please, replicate the issue, then access router's WebUI, go to System -> Administration -> Troubleshoot section and download troubleshoot file from there. The logs in the file might provide more insight into the issue.

Best regards,

Best answer
by anonymous

Thank-You for the quick reply.  Updated to the latest firmware/factory defaults and set the MTU to 1420 as suggested and it appears to be working properly on the bench (I did test 1460 as well and that fails).   Will update devices in the field and wait user feedback.

Override MTU field try the following values:

• 1420 - Works
  • 1460 - Does not work