FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
211 views 4 comments
by anonymous
Hi,

I have active WAN and LAN connection to RUT240 but apparently no connectivity. The setup was working correctly but then it stopped working. I updated RUT240 to the latest firmware R 00.07.04.2, but still no connectivity. The power led is ON, three LED light next to power LED are flashing, but LED on LAN and WAN ports are OFF. Don't know why it suddenly stopped working.
I did power cycle the router couple of times but sill no connectivity.
Please help me resolve the issue.

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello,

This behavior could suggest a hardware failure. However, before jumping to any conclusions, I would like to ask you to try to reflash the device using the bootloader procedure described here. If the ports are not operational even when in the bootloader mode, then it is very unlikely that the device can be recovered.

Could you clarify if the WiFi network of the RUT240 is available? Are you able to connect to it and log into the WebUI? 

Best regards,
DaumantasG

by anonymous
Do you think of any reasons that can cause hardware failure in 20 days of operation? This happened right after my RMS credit expired. Is it related to RMS?? It would be very concerning if RMS credit and router performance are related.

I did try to flash the device following the instructions. I am not able to get the index.html page. No response.

The Wifi network was not available and I was not able to log into the WebUI. Quick note: the Wifi signal was choppy before the issue(intermittent disconnects). Is it a known limitation?
by anonymous

Hello,

It's highly unlikely that the device failed from natural wear and tear after such a short period. Perhaps it could have sustained a shock in shipping or was stored incorrectly.

This happened right after my RMS credit expired. Is it related to RMS?? It would be very concerning if RMS credit and router performance are related.

RMS is in no way related to the functionality of the device, thus this is just a coincidence.

Also, in the original question you mentioned that the 3 LEDs near the power LED were flashing. Does this behavior change after some time or do they keep constantly flashing? If they keep flashing, the official documentation suggests that "No SIM or bad PIN" could be the cause, but if the Ethernet ports, as well as the WiFi are not working, I doubt this is the case.

Lastly, I'll ask you to perform a factory reset by holding the reset button until all signal LEDs light up and then release. If the same behavior is present, please return the device for RMS repair.

Best regards,
DaumantasG

by anonymous

Hi,

The device was installed securely and no chances of shock/fall. I cannot comment on shock during shipping.

The 3 LED's are constantly flashing and no change in behavior. I am not using a SIM card for connectivity, rather using RJ45 LAN/WAN ports.

After couple of power-cycle, the Wifi is working but no LED lights on LAN . I am able to login to WebUI of the router.

I did factory reset couple of times, and now the WAN port is available and LED light on WAN port is blinking, but LED light on LAN port is not blinking and I cannot connect to my devices on LAN. I did try to use CLI to do swconfig dev switch0 set soft_reset 1

,but it doesnt work

I have the latest FW 00.07.04.2.

Please let me know , where can I return the device for repair/replacement.

Thanks

by anonymous
Hello,

The device can be returned to the original seller, and they will handle the RMA. If you bought the device directly from us, contact the original sales manager. Thank you.

Best regards,
DaumantasG