FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
187 views 1 comments
by anonymous

Hello,

I managed to solve my roaming problem between AP with this answer.

However, some of my clients use DFS channels and this approach doesn't seems to work. I think that the problem is due to DFS and active scan : Source

Furthermore, I can't do a wifi scan from the GUI when the router is connected on a DFS channel.

Is there a way to bypass this issue ? Like passive scan ?

My configuration:

• HW : RUTX10
  • FW : RUTX_R_00.07.04.2
Edit: The problem only occurs when the SSID is hidden and the channels in DFS. There is no problem when the SSID is hidden and the channels not in DFS or when the SSID is not hidden and the channel in DFS.

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello,

Unfortunately, I did not find a way to workaround your primary issue issue with roaming between access points using DFS channels, other than going to a non-DFS channel. It might be related to the following requirement to the access points themselves:

If operating on channel 52,56,60,64,100,104,108,112,132,136,140, 5GHZ devices should detect radar signals for about 1 minute, and it should take for about 10 minutes when operating on channel 116,120,124,128 according to ITU-T Radio Regulations. Wireless client are not able to find the wireless signal broadcasting by the AP during this period.

As for the second issue, I was unable to replicate it. Could you elaborate, whether by hidden SSID, you mean the SSID of the client station or the access point? Also, are the access points also Teltonika devices?

Best regards,

by anonymous
When the SSID of the access points is hidden and using DFS channels, the Teltonika client doesn't roam from one access point to another when moving it regardless of signal power, but it does when the SSID is visible.

On the other hand, when the used channel are non DFS, the Teltonika roams without any problem from one access point to another without any problem, regardless of the SSID is hidden or visible.

I configured the roaming with the "bgscan" option.