FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
165 views 4 comments
by anonymous
Hi,

I Have purchased a new TBR140 and have installed a 4G sim card on it. Connected the WAN port of the TBR to a port of the Fortinet firewall (200F). I can see traffic is passing the firewall rule but all of a sudden stops and 100% sure that TBR is making the problem.IP on the port of the firewall that is connected to TBR140 is showing a public IP routing and the rule on the firewall works correctly, what's causing the issue? Is Bridging works?

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello,

Could you clarify what firmware version is the TRB140 running?

Please try updating to the latest firmware (currently v7.4.3), which can be downloaded here. There have been some improvements to the Bridge mode in this version.

• Also, could you test the Passthrough mode?
  • What about the NAT mode, does it work?
  • Does the Fortigate firewall use DHCP to obtain the address from the TRB140?
  • What about other devices? Do they work correctly with the TRB140 (e.g. Windows laptop)?

Best regards,
DaumantasG

by anonymous

Hi DaumantasG,

Update the firmware to the latest version v7.4.3

• Also, could you test the Passthrough mode? Checked this mode worked once and stopped when I reverted back to the bridge and then to Passthrough again.
  • What about the NAT mode, does it work?NAT mode works fine, but I'm not interested to use this mode because remote users are using Forticlient as VPN software and TBR140 is not supporting Forticlient and we don't want to have different software for VPN users.
  • Does the Fortigate firewall use DHCP to obtain the address from the TRB140? Yes, I can see FortiGate's Port3 is getting Public IP (FortiGate Port3 is connected to the LAN port of TBR140 and there is a 4G sim card with a public address installed on the TBR140)
  • What about other devices? Do they work correctly with the TRB140 (e.g. Windows laptop)? Nothing works correctly when I put the device in Bridge or Passthrough mode, I have connected my laptop to PORT1 of the firewall and can not ping outside through TBR , capturing traffic and it shows the firewall is passing the traffic and Natting it to Port3 but afterward it drops; I'm hundred percent sure problem is from TBR; is these modes (Bridge and Passthrough) really working? 
Kind regards,
Babak
by anonymous
Hello,

Yes, these modes should be working fine. However, at the moment I will ask you to downgrade to v7.2.7 and check if you can replicate the issue. We've had one customer with a similar issue, and the RnD was able to identify the issue. It should be released with the v7.4.4 hotfix, so until then, I'd recommend downgrading your device.

Also, what I meant by other devices, is to plug your laptop directly into the TRB rather than the firewall.

Best regards,
DaumantasG
by anonymous
Thanks, but I couldn't this version. Could you please send me its link I couldn't find it on the website.
by anonymous

v7.2.7 can be downloaded from here.

Best regards,
DaumantasG