FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
2,086 views 12 comments
by anonymous
RUTX09 is a massive piece of crap.

We have all the major issues when trying to set it up.

Changing the LAN IP is a nightmare.

Imposible to upgrade the firmware from 1.01 to 1.04 from the Cloud or locally. Each time it manages to load the file, and after reboot, the firmware is unchanged.

I finally tried to upgrade from 1.01 to 1.02 and now the router HTTP port displays a LUA error.

If that is an attempt to destroy your repuation, that's a success.
by
Last update: sometimes, we get it working after several reboots (when it fails, all signal LEDs keep blinking every 0.5s indefinitely).

When it works, it seems the first attempt of GUI access through RMS kills it.

Again, this is after a RMA.

I don't think this gear is ok and I don't think Teltonika tech support took the issue seriously.

2 Answers

0 votes
by anonymous
Hello,

Sorry to hear these troubles, but these are clearly not the typical ones.

Also most likely you got one of the very first devices, so new firmwares and units can not have such issues.

If you reset the device, do you still get the same HTTP issue ?
by anonymous
We are going to send back this piece of crap.

It's unusable.

Perhaps it's this one which is broken, but we wasted hours on it, so I am not sure we will buy Teltonika again.
by anonymous
Hello,

We did asked for a remote session to check the device ourselves a few times without any success, this unit will be checked after receiving it back. If there really are issues that could be reproduced with more than one device these will be definitely fixed with the new FW release after detailed analysis of the cause.

Can you PM me the serial number so we could track it in case this device is sent back ?
by

Serial is 1102206147.

It came back from RMA, and at first it seemed ok. We tested it for several hours.

We sent it to the customer and the weird behaviour started to appear: lost 4G, lost cloud link and no local access to the GUI.

David

by

Last update: sometimes, we get it working after several reboots (when it fails, all signal LEDs keep blinking every 0.5s indefinitely).

When it works, it seems the first attempt of GUI access through RMS kills it.

Again, this is after a RMA.

I don't think this gear is ok and I don't think Teltonika tech support took the issue seriously.

by anonymous

Hello! I can not create a new question, so I am writing in a similar topic.

After updating the firmware to RUTX_R_00.02.01.1, RUTX09 worked for me for a couple of days and after rebooting it stopped loading at all. It does not distribute DHCP, with my static address I also can’t connect to it, Just flashing the signal every 1s indefinitely.

How else can I connect to the device? through USB?

0 votes
by anonymous
It seems you're having the same issue I had.

I had to RMA the unit.

It happened twice, on a total of 3 RX-09, which is quite a high ratio to say the least.

Also, a RMA takes like 2/3 months because it seems Teltonika tries to deny the hardware issue.

So it's likely we will move to other vendors (Mikrotik, Sierra or Huawei).