FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
103 views 1 comments
by anonymous
RUTX50 picking up 4g & 5g but sim keeps rebooting. If I set the sim to just 4g it’s fine. I suspect it’s when it loses the 5g signal but should it really do some sort of reboot when the signal drops?

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello,

Is 5G available in your area? 

What is the operator of your mobile network?

Does your mobile plan include 5G?

Could you check up with your provider, if 5G does not require any custom APN?

Otherwise, I would like you to configure your router's mobile mode to 4G+5G, leave the router running for some time, for it to disconnect/reboot, then generate a troubleshoot file and attach it by editing your question. Make sure the issue is present before generating the file, then access router's WebUI, go to System -> Administration -> Troubleshoot section and download troubleshoot file from there. 

The logs in the file might provide more insight into the issue.

Best regards,

by anonymous
Thank you.

Yes the sim is 5g ready. Currently 5g is being rolled out in my town and only certain parts can receive it. I did initially try the router with the internal antennas and reconfigured the router to just receive 45/5g signals. I have now fitted the router in my caravan, along with a Poynting Mimo 3 4x4 Mimo antenna and since then the issue has stopped. I can only guess the issue was the router was losing the 5g signal and then reconnecting when using the supplied antennas