FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
280 views 6 comments
by anonymous

RUTX50

FW RUT_R_00.07.04.3

When i create an event rule, to send an email and add the variable %nl (New Line) the test email sends successfully and is received by the recipient successfully too. New lines appear where i want them.

However, when the event actually happens, the system sends the email successfully, but the recipients mail servers bounce back the message with the following returned message:

smtp05.mailcore.me rejected your message to the following email addresses:

<email@address.com>
The mail client submitted this message with bare line feeds, which cannot be sent via SMTP protocol DATA command and receiving system does not support BDAT.

smtp05.mailcore.me gave this error:

SMTPSEND.BareLinefeedsAreIllegal; message contains bare linefeeds, which cannot be sent via DATA and receiving system does not support BDAT

I've tried using \n and \\n and "\n"; etc etc etc, but all fail.

%nl (New Line) works well when sending a text.

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello,

I've tested this behavior with the Gmail SMTP server and sent emails to our corporate email, as well as another Gmail inbox.

In both cases, the email was successfully delivered while testing by actually changing the configuration:

So the issue here is most likely with the email client you are using. In this case I'd simply recommend avoiding using the %nl argument.

Best regards,
DaumantasG

by anonymous
The router is sending to Microsoft's servers and successfully passes the email via 123-reg's mail forwarding to a yahoo email address who as far as I can tel is rejecting the email. Testing the config succeeds, on the actual event it gets bounced.

Can't change the recipients email address and or the domain registrar's mail forwarding rule. New lines in the message sent makes the message readable too, but yes for now it'll have to do. Just to try, I'll try sending to a Gmail email address via Microsoft's servers to see what happens.
by anonymous
Sure, let me know how the tests go.
by anonymous
Thank you DaumantasG,

Having now tested by ending to a gmail email address, i can say that this worked and the recipient received the email complete with new lines where they were wanted.

So for me, the problem is where Yahoo receives the email.
by anonymous
Glad I could help!

It seems like Yahoo is rejecting the new line characters, so perhaps a separate Events Reporting instance should be created for the Yahoo recipients with different formatting.

Best regards,
DaumantasG
by anonymous

I've tried using \n and \\n. I've tried enclosing the lot within "Text Here" and adding and removing ; in various places.

What other ways can i force a "New Line" to make the message more human readable?

Not tried \r\n or simply \r yet, i'll try this later.

I do find it odd though that when i use %nl for a new line and send a test email, the recipient receives the email with a new line.  When the event actually happens and the email is sent to the recipient but bounces.

So the router's OS is sending a test email differently to the email when the event actually happens!!

\r and \r\n do work when sending a test email, i'll have to wait a short while for an actual event to take place later.

by anonymous
Hello,

You can emulate the high input state by inverting it in the Service → Input / Output → Status menu. This way the rule should get triggered regardless of the actual status.

Let me know if these options work any better.

Best regards,
DaumantasG