FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
166 views 1 comments
by anonymous

I have a RUTX50 and I upgraded the firmware to RUTX_R_00.07.04.3 and the internal modem to version RG501QEUAAR12A08M4G_04.200.04.200   

Up to this point I had no issues with the modem connecting to EE as the primary mobile network and had a stable connection.  I also have 3 as the failover mobile network and that worked too.

Now after the firmware upgrades, which I did via the web UI using the server option I can no longer connect to EE, I can still connect to 3.

I have now disabled the EE SIM so that it only uses the 3 SIM just to stop it flipping between the two options until it settles finally on 3.  So when you look at the troubleshooting log that is why towards the end you will see I have disabled SIM 1.  You will see it trying to connect to EE and then 3.

I have not tried rolling back the modem firmware as I could not find the prior version.

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello,

The logs show that for some reason SIM switch from Three SIM to EE fails, thus the device repeatedly keeps reconnecting to Three.

Could you check, if switching SIM slots also results in the same behavior?

Another thing to try is to insert EE SIM into smart phone, to confirm that the issue is not with the SIM.

Lastly, I would like you to generate a new troubleshoot file, following these steps:

• Remove Three SIM;
  • Disable failover;
  • Disable SIM switch;
  • Make sure EE SIM is the default SIM;
  • Reboot the router;
  • Wait ~15 minutes after reboot;
  • Generate a new file.

Best regards,

by anonymous

I tried the EE SIM in my phone and it worked perfectly.

I tried the EE SIM in slot 2 and it worked perfectly smiley

I tried the Three SIM in slot one and it worked perfectly smiley

So now I am up and running perfectly, so many thanks for your prompt support.