I have a RUTX50 and I upgraded the firmware to RUTX_R_00.07.04.3 and the internal modem to version RG501QEUAAR12A08M4G_04.200.04.200
Up to this point I had no issues with the modem connecting to EE as the primary mobile network and had a stable connection. I also have 3 as the failover mobile network and that worked too.
Now after the firmware upgrades, which I did via the web UI using the server option I can no longer connect to EE, I can still connect to 3.
I have now disabled the EE SIM so that it only uses the 3 SIM just to stop it flipping between the two options until it settles finally on 3. So when you look at the troubleshooting log that is why towards the end you will see I have disabled SIM 1. You will see it trying to connect to EE and then 3.
I have not tried rolling back the modem firmware as I could not find the prior version.