FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
97 views 1 comments
by anonymous

Hello,

I am planning on buying bluetooth devices for some use cases with my RUTX12. I would like to fully understand the bluetooth feature so that I can design my use cases accordingly.

I have read in this question that bluetooth feature on RUTX11 is compatible with Blue COIN & Blue PUCK, I assume they are also compatible with RUTX12, right ?

In this other question, I have learned that those sensors are manufactured by another company. From this one, I understand that the bluetooth feature on my RUTX12 is in fact a BLE gateway compatible with the manufacturer frames format, is that right ?

If so, are the other sensors from this manufacturer, like PUCK PIR, PUCK DO or PUCK DI, also compatible with RUTX12 ?

Finally, regarding future versions of RUTOS, is it planned to extend the bluetooth feature to other frame formats ?

Thanks,

Lucien

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello,

I would like to inform that both our RUTX11 as well as RUTX12 uses Bluetooth 4.0 -Bluetooth low energy (LE) for short range communication.

So, all of our RUTX device that supports BLE 4.0 will be able to work with ELA sensors and our Teltonika EYE Sensors Except RUTX50

For you're second question the thing is the actual Frame format matters, RUTX is able to parse information received from Blue PUCK and Blue COIN since it is being transmitted  in particular frame format, but anything else, even if you would be able to receive it, it will not be readable. The frame formats supported are 

Hence, the other sensors from this manufacturer, should be compatible too.

If you have some 3rd party BLE 4.0 Device with the supported frame formats, testing will be required.

Regarding future versions of RUTOS, I will have to check with the RnD Department for the future plans with the Bluetooth feature to other frame formats

Thanks and Regards

Best answer
by anonymous
Thank you so much, it is all clear to me now.