FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
313 views 7 comments
by anonymous

Hello,

I had hoped to get rid of mobile connection issues and used the modem updater. Unfortunately the update did not complete and the modem does no longer show.

Product code

RUT950U02XXX

Modem:

Quectel EC25-EC

Is there a manual way to repeat the update?

Thank you

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello,

The modem is visible under the device tree, however, it is in the recovery state.

What you could try doing is run these commands:

service modem_trackd stop #to stop the device from rebooting the modem

service gsmd stop #just in case

service mobifd stop #just in case

modem_updater -d Quectel -r 00.07.04

modem_updater -d Quectel -i 1-1 -v <newest_firmware> -f  #force the update

If these commands don't help, unfortunately, there is no way to recover the modem without special software and equipment, which only our RMA department can do. So if your device is still within the warranty period, please return it for RMA.

If these commands do help, please remember to re-enable the services.

Best regards,
DaumantasG

Best answer
by anonymous
Thank you for your answer.

It did not help, but I see that the modem is in the emergency download mode (edl).

Can I use this state to flash it with the firehose tool?

Can you provide me with the latest firmware so I can give this a try please?

Thank you
by anonymous
Hello,

The latest firmware is RUT9_R_00.07.04.3_WEBUI, and it can be downloaded here: https://wiki.teltonika-networks.com/view/RUT950_Firmware_Downloads

You should be able to flash it, but I'm not certain, as I have not tried it. It may be that the modem needs to be connected to the PC to flash the firmware, but as mentioned, we cannot really provide any tools for that.

Best regards,
DaumantasG
by anonymous
No.

I mean the firmware for the modem that you would normally download with the modem_updater script.

I tried downloading it from your ftp but had no luck.
by anonymous

I can literally start the process to flash the modem, but due to the unstable connection to your download server and the slow speed of around 2kb/s it is not possible to complete this step.

Can you please provide me with the files in the EC25ECGAR06A14M1G_20.200.20.200 folder?

Cheers

by anonymous
I'll send you a private message.

Best regards,
DaumantasG
by anonymous
Thank you,

the files helped me to get the modem running again.

Cheers
by anonymous
Great to hear that!