FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
2,290 views 1 comments
by
Hi,

I would like to know if following scenario is at all possible:

1. I have a device (a camera) that has WiFi module built in.

2. In order to access video stream one has to connect to the device via Wi-Fi, as a client. The device acts as access point.

3. Then you can run rtsp stream in vlc.

4. Would that be possible to access this device's stream remotely using RUT-955?

5. RUT-955 would have to act as client to camera's access point and provide connection to it to computer connected over LTE.

Is that at all possible?

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello,

Everything seems possible. You have to:

• Set WiFi WAN and connect to the camera's access AP (via Network → WAN)
  • Set up Port Forwarding on the router. Forward incoming connections on your WAN_IP:some_port to camera_IP:554 (default rtsp port)
The difference is that the camera is connected to router's LAN, while in your case the router is connected to the camera's LAN. But the same logic applies.
Best answer
by
Ok great, I made it work.

There is one trick here, maybe it will save someone some time:

When you want to connect to wifi as client, default setting is to use it as WAN connection. Consequently, Teltonika will not connect to internet via GSM. To enable the second connection you need to set it up as "Backup WAN". Simply check the box underneath "Backup WAN" option in WAN setup.

This way Teltonika stays connected to the router but since there is no connection to internet, it will use LTE to connect as well. This allows you to forward the traffic from GSM to AP.

Thanks!