FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
1,930 views 4 comments
by

Hi there,

We have recently purchased Industrial Sim cards on an IPX network. These sims have a Private Static IP Address which we can access via VPN software.

Currently this is the setup I am trying to get working.

Site:

Teltonika - 

WAN: 10.253.18.6

LAN: 10.1.1.254

Schneider Enterprise Server -

LAN: 10.1.1.1

Ports used by software and web server: 443 and 80

Schneider Controller -

LAN: 10.1.1.2

Ports used by software and web server: 443 and 80

When connected to the local network I can access the enterprise server and controller on chrome as they both host their own web service. I can also use proprietary software to connect into these stations to configure and engineer BMS solutions for customers.

My dilemma starts when I try and connect to my controllers on another PC which is connected to the VPN on our Private IP Network.

I can ping the router when connected to the VPN and I have allowed Remote HTTP and HTTPS connection to the router.

I can connect to the router using the Static Private IP and I can change network settings on the router.

However I have tried to port forward to the controllers so that I can use software/web browsers to connect to these controllers over 4g and am not having any success.

Usage would look like (if I'm not mistaken):

10.253.18.6:1000 put into Chrome - Shows 10.1.1.1 web page on port 443

This isn't working and I'm stumped.

I can provide any screenshots as necessary.

Thanks,

Ben

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous
Hi,

Could you add screenshot from Network -> Firewall -> Port Forward Tab?

Also, as I understand your controller use static IP settings, so please check if they use correct gateway (it should be router LAN IP).
Best answer
by

I can confirm that I have set the Gateway on the devices below. I checked this before posting the question as I saw the same response in another thread :)

IP | SUBNET = 10.1.1.1 | 255.255.255.0

Gateway = 10.1.1.254

IP | SUBNET = 10.1.1.2 | 255.255.255.0

Gateway = 10.1.1.254

These are my LAN settings:

These are my port forward and zoning settings:

Cheers,

Ben

by anonymous

Hi,

Configuration seems correctly. Please try to test according attached example: https://community.teltonika-networks.com/?qa=blob&qa_blobid=14134896960900578756

This is a simple configuration which could help to determinate where issue is.

by

I'm not getting any response through Hercules on my PC with IP: 10.1.1.1 with firewall disabled.

I made another rule for port 5000 and still the same result. I had to use an offline Port Scanner as my IP is a private static IP over VPN.

See below:

I have no idea what is going on!

by

I solved it!

Something as simple as making sure General Firewall -> Forward is set to Accept.

Was previously on Drop.