FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
1,514 views 1 comments
by
how can I put non-standard APNs or new operators

4 Answers

0 votes
by anonymous
Hello,

What do you have in mind non-standart APN or new operator? Can you provide an example?

APN tab, where you can write operator APN, is a text box and there any possible text string can be entered.
0 votes
by anonymous

Hello,

You can control to which operators the SIM card will able to connect and how via the Network → Mobile → Network Operators page (more info here).

If you have a multi-operator SIM card, by default it will connect to the operator with the best connectivity.

By "non-standard APNs" do you mean the ones that operators give out under special contracts? If so, you can still enter them via the Network → Mobile → General Settings page, APN field. (here)

If you want use more than one APN at a time, I'm afraid that is currently not possible with RUT routers. If you want to use different APNs on different occasions, you can change the APN with an SMS message (info here) or create a different configuration profiles that use different APNs and switch between these profiles whenever there is a need (info here).

0 votes
by

here in Italy the telephone companies use NAT so the IP address is not public.
using the DDNS service I do not reach it because ml'IP is of the telephone company and not the one assigned to the router.
we asked the telephone companies to solve the problem and they gave us an APN different from the standard.Inserting it by hand in the ADVANCED section the router does not connect to the Internet.This happens only with the TELTONIKA routers using other brands everything works.

by anonymous
What do you mean by 'ADVANCED' section? Where is it?
0 votes
by
Hi,

Try this:

Reinstall router firmware, latest release you can find here:

https://wiki.teltonika.lt/index.php?title=RUT9xx_Firmware

DO NOT keep old settings when upgrading!

After this, reconfigure mobile settings via router WebUI: Network -> Mobile -> General.