FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
3,685 views 11 comments
by
hello, hi have a RUT950 with firmware Rut9XX_R_0.06.03.2, it's does not navigate to internet in wired wan.

i have configured a static ip address anda a mask and a gateway, but does not navigate to internet.

if the interface is set to dhcp, there dows not configure

someone can help me?

thank you

gianluca

3 Answers

0 votes
by anonymous
Hello,

Are you sure that the addressing information is correct? Also it is strange that the router doesn't receive IP addresses from DHCP server, can you upload a screenshot of this error? Also can you doublecheck if main WAN is set to wired and can you uncheck any failover WAN that are checked?
0 votes
by anonymous
hi, today, even i don't have configuring anithing, the router can connect. but (if i have configured the failover), it does not reconnect with wired lan after fail
by anonymous
I tried simulating wired WAN outage and it jumped to mobile connection fine, same when plugging ethernet cable back, the wired connection switched back successfully. I tested on RUT950 firmware RUT9XX_R_00.06.03.2 after factory reset. Maybe you could share your failover settings?

/Danius
0 votes
by anonymous

Hi, this is my configuration:

i have test the router in a dhcp scenario, but, with the router on, after connect the cable, it does not receive the dhcp address.

if i unflag the wan failover mobile flag, the router don't takes the dhcp address

reboot router, restart network via CLI don't have effect.

by anonymous

Maybe you could try connecting your RUT950 to another router and see if it receives DHCP that way?

This way we will simulate Internet Service Provider and see if router receives IP from other routers DHCP Server.

by anonymous
i tryed, but it has no received the DHCP
by anonymous
Can you please double check if ethernet cable is plugged into LAN port on other router and in WAN port on RUT950?
by anonymous

i have double check.

<!--[if gte mso 9]> Normal 0 14 false false false IT X-NONE X-NONE MicrosoftInternetExplorer4 <![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]> <![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]>

/* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Tabella normale"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-priority:99; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0cm 5.4pt 0cm 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0cm; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman",serif;} <![endif]-->

I performed other tests and discovered that:

1: the router takes DHCP only if, at the start, there are no cables connected, or if there are no wireless clients connected.

2: when the wired WAN connection is lost, it no longer reconnects until the router is turned off and on again (disconnecting ALL clients)

by anonymous
Maybe you could take a backup of your configuration, try factory resetting the router and try to connect the WAN again and see if anything changes? After that you can reupload backup to your router with previous configuration.
by anonymous
i have tryed, but nothing. changes.... any idea?

thank you

gianluca
by anonymous
Hi,

Do you have any other RUT device that you could check the same topology with ?
by anonymous
yes, i have tryed with a rut955, and the computer can connect to internet, with the same configuration
by

Hi all,

in my case the issue appears only after firmware upgrade to: RUT9XX_R_00.06.06.1

by anonymous

@anonymous

Your router does not receive IP from DHCP server when connected via Wired WAN?

Before RUT9XX_R_00.06.06.1 everything worked correctly?