FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
1,101 views 2 comments
by

Hello,

I am having some trouble getting information about a specific product number for RUT955 device (and some additional problems that come with it). 

The product number on the housing is 17V020 - I know it is outdated but I cannot find any information about the product numbers and their life cycles besides the table in the ordering section on the teltonika homepage. I have a couple of devices with this product number that I want to use for some applications that need GPS tracking. 

However, if I upgrade the device to the latest firmware (BootLoader 3.0.1, RUT9XX_R_00.06.03.2) the GPS stops working - I don't get any data on the web-ui (also gpsctl -x returns 0.0...). 

The latest firmware works normally on the device with product code H7V020. 

My question is basically if there is any kind of compatibility table for the firmware upgrades that I should be aware of? Also does any information about the product life cycle exist? I was searching the wiki for this information but I was not able to find it.
Is there somekind of workaround to get the GPS working on the latest firmware... I guess that I can always revert the firmware version (I tested fw version RUT9XX_R_00.05.04 and the GPS data is OK) but I want to consider other possibilites first.

Thank you.

1 Answer

0 votes
by

Hi,

Standard RUT955 version is compatible with  RUT9XX_R_00.0X.XX.X firmware versions.

Facelift version of RUT955 is compatible with firmware RUT9XX_R_00.06.XX.XX versions.

What exact information of product life cycle you're interested in?

For GPS issue, with which device the issue is present with RUT9XX_R_00.06.03.2 firmware version? RUT955_17V020 or RUT955_H7V020?

by
Hi,

I just want some information on the product RUT955_17V020 because I cannot find any information what the "17" in the product code means. Regarding the lifecycle I was just interested if there are any devices that are deprecated and are not compatible with the new FW. But you already answered this question i think.

The GPS issue with RUT9XX_R_00.06.03.2 fw is present on the RUT955_17V020 device.
by

Hi,

I have done some further testing... I was able to pinpoint the FW release that breaks GPS on RUT955_17V020.

The breaking change seems to be in the FW RUT9XX_R_00.06.02.2 (2019.04.23) - GPS is unavaliable like with FW RUT9XX_R_00.06.03.2.

If I upload the FW RUT9XX_R_00.06.02 (2019.04.05) the GPS signal is OK and the web UI map also works OK.