FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
1,720 views 12 comments
by anonymous

Hi,

I am noticing that the charts on the RMS do not appear consistent, and the timespan appears to always show a 24hour period.

For example, if I have the signal chart up and have it display several days, I see this:

If I zoom into just one day, I get this:

Can Teltonika check this out and see if there is a bug?

Thank you

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous
Hello,

Can you provide first 4 symbols of serial number and last two symbols of LAN MAC? Thanks.
by anonymous
the anonymous comment above was posted by me. I didn't realise I wasn't logged in.
by anonymous
You can take a look at our wiki page for recommended signal levels. https://wiki.teltonika.lt/view/Mobile_Signal_Strength_Recommendations

What problem are you trying to solve using mobile signal graph? Maybe we can propose a solution?
by anonymous
I'm just wanting to get an accurate graph display at any timespan. It doesn't fill me with confidence in the product if I have signal data point in one graph but not in another graph for the same point in time. Can you explain why the 18-22nd timespan has a gap between 0900 and 0945, but if I have the timespan at 18-19, we don't see a gap?

The device goes in and out of areas of mobile reception, so I can accept loss in data in some areas. I just want to be able to track that with accurate graphs.

Thank you
by anonymous
When a larger time span is picked RMS calculates an average, smaller timespan = more accurate representation. RMS simply cannot display all the data it gets because browser would not be able to handle it.

We will also add the explanation to RMS in a next update. Thank you.
by anonymous
I understand that trying to display all data points from a large timespan to a shorter timespan is unrealistic. But the actual timespan (i.e. the x-axis) of a 18-22nd graph and a 18-19th graph is exactly the same - so there should be the same data points to display over the same x-axis length. Why should there be a gap between 0900 and 0945?