FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
1,472 views 2 comments
by
Hi,

We've noticed that in some areas the RUT240 router is jumping between 4G and 3G data services, which causes our OpenVPN connections to be disconnected and reconnected very often, which causes a lot of disruption.

For this reason we have used the mobile configuration SERVICE MODE setting. Setting it to 4G (LTE) only seems to solve the issue in most cases for us, but in some areas 4G is not available and we need to set it to 3G.

Often we are not located at the modem and so we use the SMS method to change configurations.

We've been unable to find a way using SMS to change the SERVICE MODE setting only? Our work around has been to create two profiles, one for 4G and one for 3G, and we can change the profile using an SMS message. However, this takes a lot of work to maintain the two seperate profiles.

Is there a way to change the SERVICE MODE only but SMS ?

Thanks

Alan

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello Alan,

There is an already configured rule by default in your router called “Change mobile data settings” in SMS Utilities section.

Your SMS text should look like this: "admin01 cellular service=3gonly"

*admin01 is the default password, you will use your configured one.

You can find more documentation on our wiki (https://wiki.teltonika.lt/view/SMS_Utilities#Change_mobile_data_settings_.28cellular.29_rule)

Best of luck,

Lukas

Best answer
by
Thanks Lukas

I spotted the CELLULAR option .. but for some reason didn't see the SERVICE option.

Thanks a amillion

Alan
by anonymous
On cellular rule I can find following options only:

2gonly | 3gonly | 4gonly | auto

but on web inerface I can find also 2g+3g, 3g+4g, 2g + 4g.
So are there updated values?
Thanks.