FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
4,223 views 8 comments
by anonymous
I have been using an RUT955 primarily connected via a mobile connection but also via a Lan, ethernet, connection. My problem is the router dropping the wifi signal sometimes as much as every ten seconds and other times every couple of hours.

I'm not in a particulary congested wifi area, initially I was on channel 1 and have subsequently tried channels 6 and 11. It didn't appear to make any difference.

Anyone any ideas?

4 Answers

0 votes
by anonymous
Hello,

You're using wireless or a hotspot function ?

Was it working correctly before or it acted the same from the start ?

And one last question is what FW version is on your router ?
by anonymous

i'm just using as wireless to connect devices to the router. it has dropped occasionally since i got the router which was only a couple of weeks ago, but has got a lot worse today. prior to today it would either drop or lose the internet connection once every 2 or 3 hours at the most.

i updated to firmware RUT9XX_R_00.05.02.2 yesterday

A quick update, i have switched out the devices to ethernet connections and no issues with the router, it appears to be a faulty wifi module or some software issue.

Any suggestions?

by anonymous
FW update made no changes ? And was it a clean upgrade or you updated while keeping settings ? How much devices are connected to the router ?
by anonymous
I backtracked to the previous firmware and it appears to be okay. one issue i had on the setup after the downgrade was the wifi not accepting a passord whilst logging in.

i could see my password on the router and when i tried to log in on any device i was told the password was incorrect. i deleted the AP, created a new one and it worked.
by anonymous
Please let me know if the issue persists. If you keep getting disconnects I would be interested to get more details.
by anonymous
Do you think I should update the firmware to 5.02.2 again?

Would it be better doing a complete reset, upgrade the firmware, and then set it up again?
by anonymous
Hi again,

You don't really need to reset first. Upgrading without keeping settings also counts as a clean upgrade.
0 votes
by anonymous
Will the problem be solved with a downgrade to Version 5.02.2 ?

Bdw. the new version 5.02.3 has the same issue!

It looks like that the primary connection do not recognise that the connection is gone and do not switch to the defined backup connection.
by anonymous
Hi again,

Could you specify the steps how you configure the device so I could repeat the same issue myself ?
by

The Setup is:

1. All Clients are connected via WLAN over a configured SSID at the box.

2. The primary connection goes via an existing WLAN directly to the Internet.

3. As Backup (Failover) an separate Mobile Network is configured with an internal SIM Card.

I found out that in case of failures at the WLAN (Primary Connection) the router is going to reconnect to the WLAN as configured, for example 5 times with 5 seconds break. During this period the published SSID (Point 1) is gone as long as this reconnect process is running. Afterwards the pubished SSID is propagated again automatically and all clients should be able to reconnect again.

Meanwhile I have downgraded the box to version RUT9XX_R_00.05.00.5, the Factory Firmware. During the configuration I have leaved the WLAN channels on auto as proposed. Now the box is running as expected and is doing the failover. Over the WebUI -> Network -> Wireless I am able to see which connection is used at any certain point. If the Wireless Station mode icon is blue all traffic goes through this port, otherwise an alternativ port is used, in my case the Sim Card port.

P.S. I have done the update to Firmware version RUT9XX_R_00.05.02.3  again and the behavior is the same. After the change between the networks the router in unreachable. After the Downgrade (all Settings are gone) the router is working perfectly again.

From my point of view the all new Firmware versions do have an issue in this setup.

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello,

I've done some tests on this and I couldn't really reproduce the issue on any firmware. Thought maybe this could be dependent on the connecting devices, so I tried different devices with different OS, but it worked well in every case. So lets try to summarize what else could be happening:

- First and most important of all - have you attached WiFi antennas to the router?
- Are the connected devices just disconnecting or are they connecting to another nearby AP? If they're just connecting to another AP, check the connected devices' WiFi settings to make sure there's no default AP that it has to connect to or some other auto connect settings.
- Is the disconnecting device also connected via Ethernet? (not necessarily to your RUT955)
- As for channels, I would recommend leaving it on auto. This way the router chooses the least populated channel for its AP to operate in.
- Could you provide the Troubleshoot file from the router? It can be downloaded from the WebUI, System → Administration → Troubleshoot page. However, make sure to download the Troubleshoot file after a disconnection (because after the router reboots, the logs clear and you wouldn't be able to see the issue).

Basically, if everything is correct and you're still experiencing random WiFi disconnects, there just may be a problem with the WiFi radio (the Troubleshoot file may have some clues). If that is the case, I suggest you contact your sales manager for information on the warranty service. Teltonika will assign someone to investigate your case and if they can confirm that there is a defect, you should be eligible for the warranty.

Important note: if you have any confidential information (like passwords, phone numbers, email addresses, etc.) in your router's configuration, remove it before downloading the Troubleshoot and uploading it here.

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello,

Any updates? Were you able to resolve the issue? If not, could you update us on the situation?

Perhaps a firmware update may help. You can download the latest version from here.