FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
1,648 views 7 comments
by

I had firmware v 06.03.2 and earlier working in Bridge mode. Since updating to 06.04 it no longer connects with the downstream router.

It seems changes have been made to the LAN configuration, and there is no eth0 interface in br mode.  I can access the RT950 configuration without problem. See the screenshot.

Is anyone else using br mode with this firmware

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous
Hello,

This firmware have changes to a bridge mode, now when in bridge mode router do not create any interface. We tested with our RUT950 and bridge mode works just fine, PC is receiving IP address, we can access internet so from this point bridge mode is working.

What router (product code) you have?

Have you try rebooting device and see if after reboot your other router will receive and IP address?

Can you try with your PC to see if it will receive an IP from RUT950?

If possible, please PM me a troubleshoot file of this router when issue persist.

Also, with this firmware when using bridge mode you do not need to use static IP in order to access routers WebUI.
by anonymous
Hello,

Thank you for your reply. I'm struggling to get this resolved.

I followed your suggestion and connected my pc direct to RT950, (LAN port 1). I changed the bind MAC to that of my PC ethernet card, rebooted RUT. With set PC to DHCP I get no address assigned, so I receive no IP from RUT.

I then give my pc static address to connect to RUT WebUI to confirm mobile is connected.

I've sent you a troubleshoot file to assist.

My downstream router is Asus rt87, but for now I'll concentrate to get br mode with pc, then after that is working I think router will connect too. I also tried Passthrough mode with new firmware and everything is working correctly. The improvements are appreciated, there is no longer any looping and locking up of subnet under various conditions. Thank you.
by anonymous
It seems to be a issue with keep settings, meaning if you have update routers firmware with the keep settings you could encounter this issue.

RnD is currenctly looking at this, for now we recommend resetting router to default settings and checking then if issue will persist.
by anonymous
Thank you.

I did factory reset again and only configured br mode. Success, pc has ip address, swapped over to router and also success.

What I did previously was straightaway change the LAN address of the RUT from 192.168.1.1, because it's the same as my downstream router. This time I kept RUT default IP and changed my router instead. Do you think this could have been the issue, that RUT has to keep default IP address?
by anonymous
If routers and your "downstream router" had same IP subent, for exmaple RUT950 LAN 192.168.1.0/24 and "downstream router" had 192.168.1.0/24 than you could have encountered a "IP conflict". Always make sure both devices are using different LAN subnets when connecting together to avoid IP conflict.
by anonymous
So just to sum up.

I've now changed RUT subnet to 192.168.2.0/24 and downstream router is 192.168.1.0/24 and all is OK

Thanks for your help, I must have made a simple error somewhere at first, but everything is working now.
by anonymous

Hello,

Please try new firmware version which will be soon available in our Wiki page, but for now you can download it from here: https://community.teltonika-networks.com/?qa=blob&qa_blobid=16220581789644749140

Feedback will be appreciated.

by anonymous
Hello,

Thank you. I've updated to this new firmware. My settings were kept and when the router came back online connection was just as before. Nothing different noted, but I'd already got a working configuration for br mobe.

One comment to make would be that the 'LAN' menu could be removed from the 'Network' tab in br mode since its disabled anyway and only leads back to Status overview page. Maybe the same could be said for the LAN menu still available in the VLAN settings page.

Other than that this and the previous firmware have made it much easier to access the WebUI in br mode, no longer do we get the subnet looping and locking up when connected to WAN and LAN inputs of the downstream router. Its a good improvement for us using br (or passthrough), mode.