FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
3,361 views 13 comments
by

Hi.

Sometimes RUt955 loose the default gate to internet when I boot up or just random.

I am not moving and have a full signal. (not loosing 4G with phone)

root@Teltonika-RUT955:~# ping google.se
ping: bad address 'google.se'

ifconfig show:

wwan0     Link encap:Ethernet  HWaddr 5A:5C:A6:2C:XX:XX

inet6 addr: XXXX::585c:a6XX:feXc:18/64 Scope:Link

UP BROADCAST RUNNING NOARP MULTICAST  MTU:1500  Metric:1

RX packets:19 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 frame:0

TX packets:4 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 carrier:0

collisions:0 txqueuelen:1000

RX bytes:2363 (2.3 KiB)  TX bytes:384 (384.0 B)

root@Teltonika-RUT955:~# route

Kernel IP routing table

Destination     Gateway         Genmask         Flags Metric Ref    Use Iface

192.168.XXX.0    *               255.255.255.0   U     0      0        0 br-lan

root@Teltonika-RUT955:~# /etc/init.d/network restart
root@Teltonika-RUT955:~# uci: Entry not found
killall: check_analog: no process killed

AND AFTER RESTARTING NETWORK PROCESS THEN IT WORKS!

root@Teltonika-RUT955:~# ping google.se
PING google.se (216.58.211.131): 56 data bytes
64 bytes from 216.58.211.131: seq=0 ttl=55 time=28.745 ms

root@Teltonika-RUT955:~# route
Kernel IP routing table
Destination     Gateway         Genmask         Flags Metric Ref    Use Iface
default         host-XX-XXX-44- 0.0.0.0         UG    0      0        0 wwan0
XXX.XXX.XXX.16    *               255.255.255.240 U     0      0        0 wwan0
XXX.XXX.XXX.24    *               255.255.255.255 UH    0      0        0 wwan0
XXX.XXX.XXX.0    *               255.255.255.0   U     0      0        0 br-lan
Why is RUT955 loosing default gateway random, some times when you boot it up it loose the gateway and that I can't understand!
dose /etc/init.d/network need to be updated my Teltonika ???!!!

2 Answers

0 votes
by anonymous
Hi,

Could you send me a private message and add troubleshoot package from router when issue is appeared?  Before downloading troubleshoot package, go to System -> Administration -> Troubleshoot -> Enable "Include PPPD information" and save settings. When issue appears wait 5-10 minutes and then download a troubleshoot package.

If  you can reproduce it often, then we could arrange remote session to your router via Anydesk.
by
It's a bit hard, I have my unit in my boat and it keep track of my boat on a live map and a lot other things.

I made a script that reboot the RUT955 when loosing default gateway for a longer duration. If you tell me what log files you need and where to find them my script could store them and then I can send them to you.
by anonymous

Hi,

Have you tried ping reboot option? It restart modem/router when connection is lost. 

If you tell me what log files you need and where to find them my script could store them and then I can send them to you.

I need full troubleshoot package which is located in System -> Administration -> Troubleshoot. Would be great if troubleshoot package will be downloaded from router when issue appears (before router reboot).

by
what i found out is that the router is loosing the default gateway and then ping and everything stops and it's not able to restore it.
reboot or restart network service is the only thing that helps.

is there a script I can run to create that logfile, there should be one?
by anonymous
Hi,

Could we get troubleshoot package from router when issue is appeared and when router works correctly?
by
Tell me what you need and I send it to you. Don't ask me to get if from GUI only from bash.
by anonymous
Hi,

Why you can not get troubleshoot packages from router GUI? What issue you have for this?
by
I do all my work on the router from bash, so when my script noticed a problem then I can let my script store the logs.

The best part with Teltonika is the bash and Linux.
by anonymous
For debugging we need full troubleshoot package from router when issue is appeared and when router works correctly.

Can you provide it to us?
0 votes
by
My router is not close to me, all I have is SSH connection to it.
by anonymous

Ok, then when will be possible please send to us two troubleshoot packages from router when issue is appeared and another one when router works correctly.

by

I wrote:  all I have is SSH connection.

How do I generate 
troubleshoot packages from ssh ?

by anonymous
When issue is appeared did you still have SSH access?
by
Yes the router will reboot using my script and reconnect and before that reboot I could save the logs.
by anonymous

Hi,

Could you leave router for logging until issue persist?

I have attached instruction how to log router logs output to .txt. And also attached instruction how to take troubleshoot package from router via SSH.

https://community.teltonika-networks.com/?qa=blob&qa_blobid=12526794044954290310

https://community.teltonika-networks.com/?qa=blob&qa_blobid=5614318123578857765