FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
982 views 4 comments
by anonymous

Using a RUT955, we connect to our network via wireless (RUT955 using client wireless mode) when the vehicle is within our buildings.

When the vehicle leaves, it switches to 4G and connects to our private APN. When it returns, it automatically logs back on to our wireless network and disables 4G.

All is well.

What we would like to do is when the RUT955 switches to 4G, our vehicle then transmits a wireless network. This network cannot be live when the vehicle is within our buildings and the RUT955 is using it's wireless client to connect. I realise that I will need a seperate AP (connected via ethernet to RUT955) to transmit the mobile wireless network.
Is the anyway that this secondary AP can be powered on and off via the RUT955? eg via RUT955 output on certain action?

So that the following occurs:

Vehicle stationary in building = RUT955 wireless client CONNECTED, 4G OFF, secondary AP OFF
Vehicle on road = RUT955 wireless client DISCONNECTED, 4G ON, secondary AP ON

regards,

Louis

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello,

you can try to add command to execute in wan edit page.

Try set on WIFI wan:

"ifdown wlan0-1"

On mobile wan:

"ifup wlan0-1"

It should disable AP when you connect to WIFI and enable when you connect to 4G.

by anonymous

I'm not sure that would work. It's not WAN related.

In this case, the RUT955 uses it's own wireless (as a client) to connect to our WIRELESS CORP LAN whilst the vehicle is on our premises.

Once the vehicle leaves our premises (no more WIRELESS CORP LAN), the RUT955 switches to 4G (failover) and connects to our CORP LAN via private APN. The RUT955 still has to have it's own wireless client running so that it can detect our WIRELESS CORP LAN when it returns to our premises and therefore switches to that and disables the 4G (failover)

What we need is another wireless network eg VEHICLE WIRELESS transmitted once the vehicle is out on the road so that wireless clients eg tablets etc can connect to this AP. This AP would be connected to the RUT955 via ethernet and would connect back to our CORP LAN via 4G only.

This network or AP/SSID cannot be live when the vehicle is within our premises. I think this can only be achieved by powering this AP up and down (possibly via the output of the RUT955) eg if 4G is live, output power to secondary AP. If 4G not live, no output power to secondary AP.

In a nutshell, we have a CORP SSID on our premises and we want this CORP SSID to go with the vehicle so that clients can connect to our CORP SSID when the vehicle is working remotely ie on 4G just as they would when within our premises.

by anonymous
You can use RUT9 as client and AP simultaneously.

These commands should turn off only AP. I think you don't need to have separate AP device.

If you want to use separate AP device, in example above you can execute commands to change output relay state of RUT955.
by anonymous
I'm not sure how this would work? I know the RUT955 AP can be used as either a client or station but didn't know it could be used at the same time?

If I was using the RUT955 as a client (connecting to our CORP network), when it leaves the building, it would switch over to 4G (secondary failover WAN)

If it then became the wireless station (Transmitting an SSID on 4G becoming alive), how would the RUT955 know that it was back in our premise as it would have t listen for our CORP network via wireless client mode?

Are there 2 radios on the RUT955? ie can it operate in client and station mode simultaneously?
by anonymous

If it then became the wireless station (Transmitting an SSID on 4G becoming alive), how would the RUT955 know that it was back in our premise as it would have t listen for our CORP network via wireless client mode?

Client(STA) mode scan wifi time to time. Multiwan function switches to available connection by priority. If you add command to shutdown AP when STA(client) mode is connected and otherwise, then it should work as intended.

Are there 2 radios on the RUT955? ie can it operate in client and station mode simultaneously?

There is one radio but it can work in both modes. You can switch one mode on and off without affecting other.