FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
1,536 views 7 comments
by anonymous

We've been using an older version (06_03) of the firmware without issues, in passthrough mode. Since upgrading to the latest version, our connectivity has completely stopped working and we're no longer seeing the correct public IP address (which is static) in our dashboard for the WAN.

Seeing the following instead of the correct IP :-

Need some help here as about to deploy 5 of these across various sites within the business. Upgraded the firmware prior to doing this to test, and it stopped working.

Interface Mobile
Type QMI
IP address 1.2.3.4
Netmask 255.255.255.255
Gateway 0.0.0.0
by
Hi, this is passthrough mode with a SIM card and fixed IP.

We’ve set the device up on a SonicWall firewall with a single interface, pulling a DHCP IP from the Teltonika which should correspond to the fixed IP of the SIM card.

The address doesn’t always pass through to the SonicWall, even if I manually try and renew. Sometimes it does, but the gateway doesn’t appear to function for us and we have no connectivity out.

Even in plain router mode with a desktop PC attached, connectivity is unreliable and sometimes works, sometimes doesn’t. It seems as though if I change the Mobile WAN to be the primary, it stops functioning properly and is buggy - but I need to do this to activate passthrough mode.
by

I am also experiencing this exact issue when configuring  passthrough mode with a SIM card that has fixed IP. 

Has firmware  RUT9XX_R_00.06.04.3 resolved this?

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello,

Please try new firmware version which will be soon available in our Wiki page, but for now you can download it from here: https://community.teltonika-networks.com/?qa=blob&qa_blobid=16220581789644749140

Feedback will be appreciated.

by anonymous
OK - I have performed some time consuming tests this afternoon to figure out what's going on.

If I revert back to original FW (RUT9XX_R_00.06.03.2_WEBUI.bin) I can choose passthrough mode with dynamic DHCP, and this is passing the address provided by the mobile WAN.

Any FW higher than this (including the one you've got above) causes the whole lot to stop functioning, and no passthrough is available. I either received a random IP 1.2.3.4 or something fails and connectivity is blocked.

This is a fairly large issue for us and has given us some concern that we've chosen the wrong 4G router manufacturer here. Could you kindly shed some light on what issue you are experiencing here, as we've got a large scale deployment of these devices and can't update the FW now.

Kind regards,

Adam ONeil
by anonymous
Can you please PM me a troubleshoot file when issue reappears with the firmware which we had provided?
by
I fear I am in the same dilema as yourselves.   we have purchased 6 test devices (RUT955), and subject to testing a further order for 90+ units will be required.

However there appears to be a bug which causes loss of gateway.

Teltonika dont like responding to emails, and so far the only fix is to run crontab script every 5 mins, which is not really acceptable.  we may also need to look at an alternative brand, where we can actually get support on the device.

How did you get on with your issues?
by
Hi there,

Not too well, i'm having extremely strange results when making configuration changes. We're running into similar issues by the sounds of it - I can factory reset the device and it will work perfectly with the SIM we've got installed. As soon as I start making any kind of changes to the configuration (setting mobile WAN as primary, changing to passthrough mode) we get mixed results. Sometimes it works for a bit, then all of a sudden I can't get a route through on the device any longer. I've tried dynamic DHCP, static, and no DHCP to the firewall side of the connection but it won't give me reliable results.

We've also got to make a decision on a larger purchase of these, but I can't recommend them unless I can figure out what's going on here.
by anonymous

Hello,

Teltonika dont like responding to emails, and so far the only fix is to run crontab script every 5 mins, which is not really acceptable. - is this issue releated to bridge/passthrough mode? Or in general router cannot responde to an e-mail? If so - what you are trying to achieve? And also what crontab rule are you using, and what does it fix?

Regarding: As soon as I start making any kind of changes to the configuration (setting mobile WAN as primary, changing to passthrough mode) we get mixed results. Sometimes it works for a bit, then all of a sudden I can't get a route through on the device any longer. - do you have multiple NIC (network interface cards) on PC? If so, try disabeling the one which is not connected to the router and see if you will be able to access router again.