FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
3,584 views 16 comments
by

In the local management web interface (192.168.1.1) I selected System -> Firmware. It says

Firmware version RUT9XX_R_00.05.01.5
Firmware build date 2018-08-02, 12:58:36
Kernel version 3.18.44
Bootloader version 3.0.1

I can see on this Wiki page https://wiki.teltonika.lt/index.php?title=RUT9xx_Firmware, that there are three more recent versions of the firmware. So why does the web interface tell me otherwise?

Could it be, that my RUT950 is not able to connect to your service, and then gives this misleading response?
Sincerely, Thomas
by anonymous

Even though it says "No Updates Available" (also after clicking "Check for new FW"), I can still click the "Upgrade" button. It then proceeds to page that seems to try to download. But it just stays at 0% for minutes and minutes. If there really is no upgrade available, then this is not the ideal behavior for the webinterface, but rather misleading/confusing.

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous
Hi,

What is the product code of your router ?
Best answer
by anonymous

Thanks for the super fast reaction :) Not sure exactly what you mean by product code, but here much of the the text on the physical label:

RUT950 101030
Batch no. 0019
HW rev    0202

Serial:   07697370
EAN:      4779027311289

p { margin-bottom: 0.1in; line-height: 115%; }
by anonymous
Hi again,

You should be able to get an update from server now.
by anonymous
Thanks. Yes now it does find that there is a newer firmware available. However, downloading still does not work. I left it for 30 minutes, and it was still at 0%. The connection was working, because I browsed the Internet via the Rut950 the entire time. I also tried starting the download again, with the same result.
by

Hi again. I did not get any reply to my last comment, so I try again :)

After Vilmantas1 wrote back on October 22nd, it was (and still is) able to find the update. Under the Firmware tab it says:

Firmware available on server:
    Firmware version:             RUT9XX_R_00.05.02.3_WEBUI.bin

However, I am still not able to actually download the update. I choose "Upgrade from server" and click "Upgrade". It proceeds to download, but it stays at 0% forever. I tried waiting for hours, and I know that the internet connection was working. And I tried rebooting in between.

Should I try and download the file, and the manually upload it? I could probably do that, but in any case, I assume this is a bug of some sort, that your company would like to know of.

Sincerely, Thomas

by anonymous
Hello again,

For now please use a manual upgrade. Upgrade from server for your product code will be checked first thing on monday.
by anonymous
Hello,

Are you able to upgrade from the server now ?
by anonymous
Yes, I'm upgraded now and everything is fine.

Thanks very much for your help and advice.
by anonymous
Hi Greg,

As this is a very old Firmware version bootloader should be upgraded as well.

You can follow these instructions to upgrade bootloader and Firmware, then you will be able to get further updates from server.

https://wiki.teltonika.lt/view/RUT9xx_Bootloader_Upgrade

https://wiki.teltonika.lt/view/RUT9xx_Firmware_via_The_Bootloader_Menu
by
Should I assume, therefore, that the new firmware(s) are supported on my hardware ?
by anonymous
Hi,

New Firmwares do support older HW versions.
by
Thanks for your help.  I updated the bootloader, but the Firmware will not upload. The 'loading' page snapshotted in the instructions simply does not load.  

Is there a way to find out from the Command Line (SSH) to find out what version of bootloader is installed as it does nto show up in the webUI as pictured in the instructions.

Thanks
by anonymous
Hi again,

After waiting a few minutes when you launched Firmware upgrade have you tried to enter 192.168.1.1 ?
by
Yes.  The bootloader is updated (i think) because that seemed to work properly, but the Firmware update didnt do anything.  I waited a few minutes and went back to the 192.168.1.1 page, but it just showed me the bootloader firmware update page, so I power cycled the router. The router is up and running again as normal after power cycling it.
by anonymous
Hi,

So your device is up and running well now ?
by anonymous
Yes, thanks.  I'm all upgraded now.  and a subsequent automatic upgrade has also worked well.