FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
1,505 views 2 comments
by anonymous
A noob question: trying to use NTRIP on the RUT955 to improve the precision. I see the documentation related to the RS232 setup but I don't understand how that gets applied to the GPS readings.

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous
Hello,

Currently RUT955 cannot use NTRIP data to correct its own GPS position.

RS232/RS485 "NTRIP mode" functionality is meant to forward connected NTRIP device's NTRIP data to NTRIP server.
by anonymous
Hello,

I have been trying to get NTRIP client to work for a while now, but can't seem to get it.

I have tried, as suggested in other post, to connect GNSS device (Hemisphere Vector) directly to PC and use NTRIP client on PC. This setup worked fine - differential signal was aquired almost instantly. Is there a way to get RUT955 to do the job rather than PC (due to limited space on vessel)?
by
I have the same question, is it possible to connect an RTK GNSS receiver to RS232 port and receive NTRIP corrections?
e.g. is it possible to configure NTRIP client in RUT955, so that NMEA from RS232 is forwarded to server and RTCM corrections from server are forwarded to RS232?
Thanks