FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
1,293 views 3 comments
by
Hi,

I have successfully sent serial (rs485) modbus data to my server from the RUT955. I am reading a 32 bit float point variable but the data being received is broken down into bytes and in decimal. (67,110,14,168) I can get the correct value by converting each byte to binary and then putting the binary data into a IEEE754 converter.

Is there a way to send the converted value? Thanks.
by
I'm having trouble getting this setup to work. Could you give me a hint, how did you connect the modbus slave? To the R_N and R_P pins (middle two pins)?

When i check my firewall i see no data coming from the router, despite having Modbus Serial Master (RS485) and Data to Server enabled.

2 Answers

0 votes
by anonymous
Hello,

Rut955 acts as a Modbus Master and you are using Modbus Data to Server to send data?

What protocol are you using? HTTP(S) or MQTT?
by
Hi. Thanks for your reply.  I am using MQTT protocol.
0 votes
by
You need to link out the dp and rp terminals and the dn and rn terminals. Centre pins to the left pin beside them.
by
Thanks alot, it's working now!