FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
1,673 views 6 comments
by anonymous
Hello,

Function services > sms gateway > sms forwarding > sms forwarding to email

Field: password

seems to not support special characters

2 Answers

0 votes
by anonymous
Hello, Jpc

These are the characters this password field supports:

a-zA-Z0-9!@#$%&*+-/=?^_`{|}~.

Does your email address has some character this field won't accept?
by anonymous
YES, compatible with gmail.com  !!!!!
by anonymous
Which Firmware version are you using?

Could you list characters this password field won't accept for you?
by anonymous

google:

Create your password using 8 characters or more. It can be any combination of letters, numbers, and symbols (ASCII-standard characters only). Accents and accented characters aren't supported.

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello,

In "Services -> SMS Gateway -> SMS Forwarding -> SMS Forwarding to Email" menu, "Password" field supports the following characters:

• a-z
  • A-Z
  • 0-9
  • !@#$%&*^+-/=?_`{|}~.

- If you need just these characters, but currently cannot use one or more of them, this might indicate that you are using old RUT9 firmware version. In such case, simply upgrade your device's firmware to the latest one. Latest RUT9 firmware can be downloaded from here: https://wiki.teltonika.lt/view/RUT9xx_Firmware

- However, if you need to use any other characters (e.g. special characters from specific language dictionary), you could contact your Teltonika sales manager for possibility to implement your desired characters into router's firmware.

by anonymous

I have the latest version

Some characters are missing in this list according to google email:

Create your password using 8 characters or more. It can be any combination of letters, numbers, and symbols (ASCII-standard characters only). Accents and accented characters aren't supported.

by anonymous

Take note that you are comparing two different systems: Gmail and a router.

- Router's supported characters:

• a-z
  • A-Z
  • 0-9
  • !@#$%&*^+-/=?_`{|}~.
 - Gmail's supported characters:
As you can see, Gmail supports more characters (all ASCII), than RUT955. In this case simply change your Gmail's password, so that it would only contain characters which RUT955 supports.
by anonymous
Yes I compare two different systems because they are linked.

Yes I am obliged to adapt me to the RUT955 but it's illogical.

By implementing the 128 ASCII chars the RUT955 would be compatible with ALL email systems.