FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
1,476 views 2 comments
by
When reaching a Wlan-powered location, WiFi-WAN should have priority.
This works fine, but not on different WLan SSIDs in different locations.
Only the last connected WLan will be reconnected.

Can the RUT955 only remember one WiFi-WAN?

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous
Hello,

It seems to "multiple SSID" function which would allow you to configure multiple SSID in router so it would automatically connect if there is correct SSID in the area. This function should come with the next master FW.
by
I know Multiple SSID as a way to send different SSIDs, for example, separate for their own devices and customers.
At each of my firm's fixed locations there is something like that, separate for my own devices and for guest users.

My question refers to what you already know from every smart phone, namely that it logs on to different WLans (at home, in the office, etc.).

The RUT955 should automatically use the WLan there as a WAN access when it arrives at the respective location, and not use the mobile network.
However, this currently only works for a single location.

Would the task be understood correctly and is this meant by "multiple SSID"?
by anonymous
Yes, with "multiple SSID" function you would be able to configure multiple SSID with the passwords and etc. Which then would allow router automatically connect in any location where wireless network is (it will only connect if you have entered that locations wireless network information in the router).