FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
964 views 2 comments
by
Hi again, i got a problem (i think is something that im doing in a bad way) with the port forward of a rut955.

I am triyin to do a get http request to a flask server that i have running in a Raspberry py 3 model B (working fine in LAN). The flask web server is in the 5000 port.

The first thing i do was create a new port forward rule:
Name: Raspberry
Protocol: TCP+UDP
External port: 5000
Internal IP: 192.168.1.121
Internal Port: 5000

But i dont know if with that could be enought... the facts are that dont work and i dont know if i have to do something more in my rut 955.

Thanks for your time and regards.

2 Answers

0 votes
by
Dear admin, sorry for the double post, when I try to make the question the site answer me with a 502 error and i post again thinking that dont work :(
I apologize.
Regards.
by anonymous
Hi, no problem, I'll need to check about the double post.
0 votes
by anonymous

Hello,

In order for port forwarding to work correctly, two more conditions have to be met (apart from just configuring Port Forwarding, which you have already done):

1. Your RUT955 must have Public IP address (You can check if your router has Public IP address, by comparing IP addresses, which router displays in "Status -> Network -> WAN" menu and any web page, which shows external IP address. Check second page of these short instructions for visual example how to check if router receives Public IP address)

2. Your Raspberry must have correct "default gateway" setting configured in its network configuration settings (If your Raspberry is using DHCP, than this is not an issue. However, if you have configured Static IP address on your Raspberry, make sure that "Default gateway" setting is configured as well. It must be set to router's LAN IP address (default 192.168.1.1))

by
Hi,
First of all apologize for spend 4 days for answer to you.
Tahnk you so munch for the info, i will try again asap.
Regards.