FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
1,126 views 2 comments
by
Hi,

I tried today the RMS with a free license (later i would buy the paid license) and it's very nice to have. Is it possible to access network members remotely over the rms? I don't want to setup an vpn solution with third party services, so it would be great if a vpn is already included. The topic is not very familiar to me... Sorry if the question is silly...

I use a RUT950.

What I need:

1) Remote SSH access to an device in the router network.

2) Remote file access to an device in the router network (WinSCP or FTP).

The router and its network would be connected via SIM-card to the internet. I want to access from my laptop to the network. It would be okay to use a second router as local connection point between internet/rms/vpn and my laptop.

Thank you for your time to answer!

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello,

Yes, you can connect to "router's network devices" via RMS. However, currently this can only be done using HTTP and HTTPS protocols. Other protocols are not supported at this moment.

We have plans to add possibility to use other protocols (e.g. SSH) in the long future, but currently we cannot say when this desire would be accomplished.

by
Hi,

The questions about the SSH and FTP are not answered. I've been struggling myself to make it work using port forwarding without a success. I've already made port forwarding on other routers but here it seems that the firewall is blocking the traffic.

Any ideas?
by anonymous
To confirm: Currently you cannot access devices behind the router through RMS using SSH or FTP protocols. At this moment this can only be done using HTTP or HTTPS protocols.