FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
596 views 1 comments
by anonymous
I have enabled the SNMP service for the RUT240 (Batch: 038, Firmware RUT2XX_R_00.01.10) and activated the Signal and Connection Status SNMP Traps.

I get answers to SNMP get requests. But the traps are not sent. What could be the reason?

In the configuration I have entered the Host IP. Is it possible to leave it empty?

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous
Hello,

Host/IP specifies where to send SNMP trap messages, so you should specify IP of the machine that has a Trap Receiver.

I recreated this situation on RUT240 with 1.10 version. Trap Receiver is in the same local network and it is working fine, I can send SNMP requests and receive answers, as well as get Trap messages.

Have you tried starting fresh from a reset?
by anonymous
Hello,

thank you for the answer. I have figured out that the traps come only if the status of the requested variables changes, e.g. the connection closes or the signal strength changes to unknown. If only the signal strength drops, e.g after removing the mobile antenna it goes from -65 to -118, the trap is not sent.

Under stable mobile connection the traps are sent only directly after the boot of the RUT240.