FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
627 views 0 comments
by anonymous
We want to use RUT240's for emergency Internet connections, so we want to have them preconfigured, ready to send.

The problem I have discovered while testing is that I need to put the RUT240 into bridge mode, knowing the MAC address.  This is a problem for me, as I will not know what it is, until we send it to site and have it connected. We would be unable to get onto the LAN of the Router.  

We were previously using Netgear LB2120's for this job and we only had to connect anything and it would bridge. The RUT's looked more flexible, with better antenna, just this one issue is causing me grief.

I tried using Passthrough as a possible way to solve this, but it seems the latest firmware has broken it.

Is there any way to configure the Bridge without the MAC ?

Is there any way to possible configure the RUT240 using the RMS and discovering the Router's MAC from there ?

I really want to use your devices, but this issue is a show stopper for us.

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello,

We have a test firmware with Passthrough mode fixed, if you are interested you can write me a Private Message and I will be glad to send it to you.