FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
466 views 0 comments
by
Question 1: I have a RUT240 modem and I wonder if the upload to the RMS interferes with the upload of measurement data from a vehicle or can RUT240 handle this in parallell?  Currently the RUT240 is uploading info to RMS with intervall 5minutes)

Question 2: I have activated the force 4G network each 5 minutes which I assume makes the RUT240 "reconnect" in trying to find 4G network only if it is uploading data on a network below 4G. If RUT240 has 4G connection already it will not "reconnect", is it that smart?

Question 3: How can I see the force 4G function in action in RMS in the easiest way? Is it when network drops as the modem is reconnecting or can I choose to see statistics for "force 4G activated".

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous
A1: The information upload to the RMS is minimal

A2: Keep in mind that the connection to the Mobile networks is managed primarily by the Mobile Operator and will vary from operator to operator, from country to country. One common thing that the mobile operators tend to do is that if there is not mobile traffic, they will force the disconnection of that device. The range of disconnection can vary and the device will check if it is connected or not. If it is disconnected it will try to connect again.

A3: you can generate a report that tell you when the device goes down and up again. But as this is very dynamic it will only report if the device is absent for more that 5 minutes, this parameter can be adjusted in any case, but is a discrete parameter. Also you can setup some alerts on RMS.