FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
663 views 0 comments
by

Hello,

I made a comment in the forum thread before, yet it seems that the problem has not been resolved. I have bought several RUT950 devices for data transmission both inland (the Netherlands) and abroad (mainly Germany). I configure and test mobile routers before I "deploy" them with one SIM card (consumer card). While doing tests with the consumer SIM and being inland, I have no problems establishing connection, yet it is not the case after deployment. Whenever any device crosses the border, it appears to lose connection. It is worth mentioning that SIM cards that are placed after testing are 097 numbers, or SIM cards for IoT devices. 097 numbers use 12 digits (i guess its 4 more than normal).

I've contacted T-mobile, my network provider. T-mobile support states that data roaming is enabled, and mobile settings are matching the recommended. I have tried both RUT9XX_R_00.06.03.2_WEBUI.bin and "Out of box firmware versions". It is difficult to pinpoint the problem, yet I would gladly work together with you guys to figure this one out.

I have downloaded troubleshoot files for both one good device, and also for 'bad' devices. As much as I can understand: settings are correct, device itself works great; I have doubts about possible mismatches between 'IoT' sim cards and maybe the device itself, yet I cannot confirm (one of my devices are working properly)

Thank you,

Jan

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello Jan,

Please send me troubleshoot packages via Private Message, I will take a look at them and get back to you with more information.